Gotta get my wisdom teeth cut out

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by field989, Jul 12, 2006.

1. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    im really lookin forward to this:sad2: :crazy:

next friday...

all 4 of them got to get cut out

they are gonna give me these pills to calm me down then the laughing gass then there gonna numb my jaws.... woohoo lol:sad2:

wish me luck.... i really hope it goes okay.....

and i have to get braces for a few of my teeth that are screwed up by the wisdom teeth :(

just figured id share lol

Jeff

2. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    You know those pills......uhhh you ain't gon'na know your name.:lol:

3. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    lol..

i think there called valum(sp) but i dunno

lol so im gonna be all confused and what not lol

4. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    had my wisdom teeth pulled/cut.

guess thats why im dumb as a box of rocks:tounge_out:
    you'll be needin a driver .
    take a friend or relative.
    i had 13 teeth yanked in one day heeheehee

5. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    You might look like a chipmunk for a few days after, but with those pills, you wont mind. LOL Had mine out.

6. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    The last time I had a tooth pulled I was done in about three minutes, thats after the Novocaine..........gravy

But you will have to make sure that you don't get a abscessed tooth (infection) in the hole that is left when the tooth is gone. After the blood clot has formed and it's been a day or so do a warm salt water rince a few time a day.

Good luck

7. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Jeff, Im sure it will go just fine, then you wont have to worry about them giving you trouble down the road.

Just make sure they don't try to shave off that BIG ole Beard of yours, while your out!!!:lol: Iopwa:smile2:

8. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    OUCH brother i just got mine cut out....all 4 of them....it aint fun...and yeah you're gonna look like a chipmunk. but if they got you on valum....well you wont remember lookin like a chipmunk anyway....

9. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    man, when I had mine done, I was still in a funk when I read the lable on the pills they gave me.. I was taking TWICE the amount I was supposed to .. I was in LALA Land for quite awhile.... Finally slept it off and reread the bottle and realized it heh.. I lived with my Brother at the time and he I was mumbling stuff in my sleep, then sat up real quick, looked at him and shouted BEETNIKS! then passed out again.... To this day, he'll look at me and just say beetniks and start laughing.. Guess I was quite the comedy show when I was under.... I swear I dont know how people abuse those things, cause I cant function on em.. Darvon, Darviset (SP??) Valum.. They seem to all hit me really really hard....

10. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    I had my wisdom teeth pulled at age 16, and still remember it as if it were yesterday.....well at least I remember some parts of it:eek:h:

11. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I had all four of mine pulled out two years ago and it was pretty uncomfortable for a few days after. That valium was great while it lasted (not for very long at all), but the constant bleeding and fear of getting dry sockets sucked bigtime. At least your looking forward to it - thats a great start. Let us know how it goes!

12. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Good luck, save you a lot of pain in the long run!

13. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Terrified of dentists. I'm a freak, I'm 41 and never even had a cavity to this day, my brother is the same way. I hate sugar and that might be the reason why. LOL

14. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I had one pulled. It was hard. trying to get it out was something else. They broke my jaw doing it. I heard it break. I told em if they did any more, put me all the way out. I got what they called dry socket which hurt like heck for 2 weeks.
    Most people have no problems but I sure did. LOL.

Good luck. Your post should be fun with those pills. LOL>:lol: :roll_eyes:

15. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    oh yeah put ice on your face or else it'll bruise

16. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I still can't remember 3 days of my life when mine were taken out while I was in the Marine Corps, gave me some good drugs, I only got up to go use the bathroom and get something to drink for 3 days what a blur!

Aaron

TA2D

17. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Oh yeah, Your not going to be able to talk much so post on here alot, It should be fun for all. LOL And you can go back later when you get your head back right and read what you wrote and laugh about it with us.:big_smile:

18. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    If that aint country LMFAO

19. suddawg

suddawg New Member

I had one pulled/one cut out before I went to Iraq in 03. Had nothing but Novacaine, and let's just say it was the most unpleasent. Got dry socket, so it kind of scared me to get my other two taken out even though I knew they needed to. Finally broke down over here and the Navy docs gave me an IV. Went nighty night and woke up with two less teeth and all sewn up. Gave me so Vicodin and 800MG Motrin for the pain. But them Navy docs did an awesome job, because I had absolutely no pain other then soreness.

Just do what the docs tell you to after it's all done, get plenty of rest, and you'll be fine.

SudDawg

20. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brother Jeff;
    I'm not going to tell some "yucky horrendous" story to make you worry, because you should not be worrying!
    But I will say this.
    ANY Surgery, tooth extraction, wisdom teeth, ect, is a M-A-J-O-R surgery when it's YOU that it's being done too!
    I had 5 wisdom teeth cut out way back when I was in my early 20's and I know things are better nowadays!
    In my lower right jaw I had a wisdom tooth forming under the wisdom tooth! In that part of my mouth I did get a dry socket one morning. Yes, it hurt for a few minutes but let me tell ya what the orthadonist told me to do when I called him at 0400 hrs/4:00 A.M. All I did was put a small amount of vaseline in the socket that stopped the air from getting to the exposed nerve because this is what causes a dry socket! At that time in my life I ocassionally smoked a cigarette and hopefully you don't smoke! If you do, try and quit for a few days, H*LL, quit permanently!, or better yet, don't even start and you will be much better off when you get to be my age!:smile2: I quit over 20 years ago and still don't know why I even bothered to try em! It's just not worth it; money wise or health wise!
    Anyway, have someone to drive you To AND FROM the orthadonist office.
    Follow the instructions the Dr. gives you! Don't be afraid to take your medications that the Dr. will prescribe to you. You won't become an addict because you take your pain medication and if you happen to sleep a lot for a couple days well thats good too because you wont be awake feeling any pain or discomfront.
    Yes, your probably going to be a bit SORE, for a few days, but I promise you if a wuss like me can live through it you certainly can!!:big_smile:
    Do, listen to the others about keeping heavy foods out of your mouth for a few days. However, do keep some food; those milk shakes, and other things that have been mentioned because you most likely, will get a little bleeding that is going to end up in your stomach. If you have something in your stomach, you won't have near the nausea problem that you might have on an empty stomach with nothing in it. Besides, with your pain medications and all, it's usually better if you don't take them on an empty stomach! Some of that will depend on your individual physiology and the type of medications prescribed, but in general, it will be better to have some milk, kool aid, ect, in your stomach. When in doubt follow your Dr.'s instructions and if you have any problems, call them; day or night. I've mentioned this elsewere in this post too. :roll_eyes:
    It's better to suffer a little now, get them ALL OUT AT ONE TIME and be Done With It. Because if you don't, you will most likely have to go through almost the same pain later on in life as each wisdom tooth causes it's own problems if you leave them in.
    I dunno why they are called wisdom teeth unless it's because your wise enough to get them taken out! But then, there are a great deal of things I don't understand in this world too! Somehow the list keeps getting larger the older I get too!
    IF, you should have any problems of any kind do not be afraid or hesitate to call the Dr./orthadonist no matter what time day or night! He/She is getting paid very well to take those odd hour calls! Same thing if have any questions before you have the proceedure done, even if your already in the chair! If your not sure of this person, and you don't trust them, then get someone else! Only if you trust the person doing this proceedure will it help keep your anxiety down as well as the post pain and discomfront! Trust me, BTDT/Been There Done That. :smile2:
    IF, you should have any questions, at any time, and if you feel I can help you out, please, PLEASE!, feel free to contact me! If you want, send me a PM and I will give you my email address and phone number too.
    Altrustically, even thought some of the folks here are having a bit of fun at your expense, I honestly don't think they are laughing At You, but rather Laughing WITH You because they know your going to be O.K. too! :smile2: And I also suspect that if you need help, support, ect, that any one of the Brothers, and Sisters too, would jump to help you if you would only ask them. If they cared enough to make a post, I think you will find they care enough to give you some good support when you need it! Although I've not been a member of the BOC for long just yet, I have found 99%+ to be good folks that are willing to help, give advice, make suggestions, share experiences, ect, just because you ask! :smile2:
    I'm going to close for now. Be concerned, learn as much as you can about what is going to happen and what to expect both during, and afterwards and you will heal much better and faster. Trust me, the more you know, the better it will turn out in the long run.
    Take Care, Let Me and the other Brothers and Sisters know how things go. Your most likely not going to want to post anything right after you get home and thats O.K. too. We all understand that too!:smile2: When your feeling a little better we all will be watching for your post. Hey, 6 months down the road your going to look back on this and have a laugh with us too! :big_smile:
    And just to be sure nothing goes wrong, or even thinks about going wrong, I'm going to put you on the Medicine Wheel for a few weeks.
    Sending You Best Wishes and Keeping You In Prayers,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of this long winded post]]]]]:embarassed: :big_smile: