Gotta brag on my niece!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, May 18, 2008.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Wil's post about his new niece being born made me think about how time flies. Seems like just yesterday when my nieces were born.....

My sister shared something with me about the 16-year-old the other day.
    She's a very smart girl, highly motivated, and proves that over and over.

Rebekah attends a program called "middle college" at the local community college where she lives and recently finished 10th grade. Students are required (I assume this is national now?) to take a writing test. They do not know the subject matter beforehand. The topic was "the effects of technology on society".

Rebekah scored a PERFECT score! :cool2:

Her teacher called to tell them the good news, and said this is equivalent to scoring a perfect score on the writing section of the SAT. She has been teaching 16 years and has never had a student accomplish this before.

Everyone in my family is proud and excited, including me. So since y'all are my extended family, figured I'd share it with you too. :wink:

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Tanya,

It appears she takes after her aunt............YOU! We all enjoy your writings, so it makes sense that's where she inherited it from.

Prayers for you and yours,
    Cheryl

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tanya that is Awesome. Tell Rebecka congrats and to keep up the great work. She is a smart gal. Thanks for sharing.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thats Quite an accomplishment,Thanks for sharing,Tanya. Give her a big congrats from me too.

5. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    That's great. I love when I hear stories like this. Thanks for sharing.
    Bill

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    That is fantastic!
    Makes my day to hear stories like that about our young folks.
    Thanks Tanya.