Gotta brag a little for catching some nice catfish!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by jsharper, Mar 17, 2006.

1. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    Yesterday I took the 3 boys out to Twin Buttes, couldn't find many fish, but with them it is an outing, not a fishing trip. They caught 5 white bass. Big ones, so I took them to TPW. The one the oldest caught and the one the youngest caught were 2.90 lbs each. The boys are 9 and 13. These were lake record whites and Texas state youth records for white bass. They are really proud. I think that they send them a certificate, anyway Dad is happy. I guess they share the record until beaten. They are happy campers. Thanks for listening.

Jim

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    That's great, good job on getting them out there!:)

3. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Congrats to you for takeing them and congrats to the kids. I know their happy campers.

4. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    awesome trip this is something they will remember for the rest of thier lives.

5. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Jim ya did good Brother :thumbsup: ...... Those boys are feelin' good right about now and I know ya are too.... Check the TPW web site, if I remember right, there are alot of open slots on all kinds of fish for youth records. Yer kids are going to remember this the rest of their lives ! That's fantastic Sir.

6. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Those are some big whites,would be nice to see a pic of the boys with them(hint,hint)

Great job and congrats to the boys and the proud poppa!!:p

7. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Deffinatly congrats to the boys,and well done for you taking them.My boys are grown but now I enjoy taking my grandson every chance I get.It really is a family sport.

8. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    They and you will remember their names being in print forever and maybe they will do the same for their kids.

Way to go.

Danny

9. andi1950

andi1950 New Member

State:
    Belton, Texas
    Way to go. Those boys will never forget that. In our family, we call things like this "Making memories". Our kids are grown, and every once in a while, one of them will say: "Remember when we... ." We may not have a picture of it, but we all are back there in an instant. Now, I fish with my grandkids and it is just as good. I think one of the best things that we can do for a child is to teach them how to fish.

jerry

10. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    Here are the boys with their fish. I hope we did this right. I am not too good at this and the wife is busy. Four of our kids are grown and doing good. Started over with these boys, damn, we need to get a TV. Actually they are adopted. Got some more on the way if all works out. The stork lives at CPS. Thanks for hinting about the photos.

Jim

Attached Files:

11. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    Just a question. I originally posted this as "Gotta Brag a little" nothing about catfish. I don't know how it got changed, but I can't figure out how to edit it back. Any suggestions?

Jim

12. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Call a mod. Those were some good pictures and something the boys will remember for ever. Good going

13. cajundan

cajundan New Member

State:
    Texas
    My boy's itchin to go. he was visiting his maw-maw last week so he is readyt to hit the water this weekend,

14. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :thumbsup:
    "Way To Go"!!!
    Belive me - those boys will never forget that moment. :006:

Take Care,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

15. OUTLAW

OUTLAW New Member

State:
    texas
    Great trip, glad your boys got into record fish, that's cool:cool:

16. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the trip and thanks for sharing the awesome pics!

17. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man those are some huge white bass, never seen one that big.

18. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great job. Hope the luck will continue over to cat season.

19. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Jim

Those are some nice whites. I bet the boys had a great. It will only take a few weeks for the TPWD to send the certificates out. The boys should also get there names on the TPWD website in the records section. Once they get their certificates the web should show their names. If you do not have the link here it is, http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/programs/fishrecords/

Now you need to get them on some record catfish.:)

20. jsharper

jsharper New Member

State:
    TX
    My thanks to all of you. Just had to tell someone.

Jim