gotta bait question

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by tallmanrus, Nov 1, 2008.

1. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I was just curiouse about something and thought yall could help. Do skipjack and shad normally stay in the same are or do they move on in this cooler weather. Back in the warmer part of the year i could mark shad in my dept finder , but now they are nowhere to be found . do they just go deeper , die off , or move on .? I love fishing this time of the year but the bait is hard to find . Any suggestions are appreciated - thanks

2. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    This time of year I have found them in coves around 10-15' and less. Early morning late evening. Skipjack is hard to find period unless you have some good strong current, I saw some on the Arkansas River the other day but couldnt get them to bite. Just one current seam. I will visit my granmother in the nursing home today and afterwards I will see If I can find any as I am low, very low. Mac

3. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    thanks jim . ill give it a try and look to the shallower water . Good luck today , if you find any let me know

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Went to the hot water out let today 2Nov08, I threw a sabiki rig for about an hour but not even a bump, Had my cat rod in the boat with some old shad that I caught and froze, fished the sticks-ups at the outlet, Had one good run fishing a circle hook with the reel in free spool, bait clicker on, boy did that reel sound good but I guess I did not let him run long enough.