Gothcha plugs

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by catfish1516, Oct 15, 2006.

1. catfish1516

catfish1516 New Member

State:
    Reidsville ,North Carolina
    If i were surf fishing just on open beach with a gotcha plug, how would i fish them. They are so heavy so i would not know what to do, and can you fish with them in the waves (sure is heavy enough).

If you have any suggestions for lures to use on open beach/surf and how to use them please reply. And if you know of an online discount store for good surf fishing equipment, thet would be really helpful

THANX

2. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey whats up man I sent ya a PM chgeck in your in box. Hope it helps

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

cast them out and work them like your "walking the dog" only a bit faster. Blues love them things. Good luck.

www.nagsheadpier.com has a camera if you watch early in the am most of the guys on the south side of the pier (the right) will be working gotcha plugs from the pier.

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey Benji that kicks but Im gonna be wasting many mornins away watchin other people fish now. Im watchin a guy walk off after what looks to be a hard day fishin right now. This is kinda like the shad cam

5. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Dude you can even adjust the camera from side to side. I just found my new cmornin coffee hobbie LOL

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Dang I guess it goes off at Midnight

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Its on all night. But the cameras has to reset everyonce and a while. Unless things have changed. When I get the itch to go to the coast I can check the cameras and see how everyone is doing. When the spots and croaker are running good its a mad house there and when the blues and striper start a blitz watch out. Nags head is a good pier to fish from IMO and its not to far from home. Glad you liked it. I fouond it doing a pier cam search on google

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Did you get the zoom? and light filter are did they disable that with the weather getting colder. I guess I need to go and check it out.

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Yeah it cut off on me at exactly 12am

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

it's back on now I guess it was just resetting. They disabled the zoom though, did that last year too.

11. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Great now Ill never sleep :big_smile:

12. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    I go to nagshead pier to fish about 6-8 times a year. I also go surf fishing in oregon inlet south of nagshead. Fishing gotcha plugs is easy, sort of like a jerk bait for bass they just sink, but you will want to jerk and get a good side to side movement on them. You can fish them shallow or very deep. This time of the year is one of the best for runs of bluefish, and early morning speckled trout. Plan on taking a trip there in about 3 weeks. I will be throwing gotchas, double trout grub rigs, and i will probably sit some fresh cut on the bottom just to pass the time. I love nagshead fishing pier and check the cam out almost everyday.

Wheelmobile07

13. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    I love the Pier Cam. Thanks for the link Benji. Vern