Got Venison?

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT-(2), Oct 7, 2009.

1. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Sounds like the same type of problem that they had with Muddy Run Park here in Lancaster County a few years back. The solution here was to open it up for a controlled hunt allowing a certain number of people per day to hunt the area by permit only. Seems to be working. Should be a viable solution for that area too. Archery only probably would be the only way to go. :wink:
    Thanks again John.

Ray

2. Those deer are so tame in there, easy pickn's, yum-yum.:roll_eyes:

3. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    id run over a few to help the cause

4. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex Active Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    we had a problem somewhat like that here at brady's run only it was geese... geese S*** EVERYWHERE!!!:crazy:

5. saros2500

saros2500 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I pass by there a lot on the turnpike and i always see deer along the road. I think the kill is a good idea but i don't like the idea that they have to hire sharpshooters to do it. They should hold special hunts for locals with a lottery system or something. I'd show up with my bow any day of the week.

6. Yeah, I guess they are trying to keep it discrete.:0a14:

The Farm Park at Norristown State Hospital does that lottery thing every now and then. I am sure there are a lot of hunters chomping at the bits to get in VF and whack a nice big fat stupid buck!:wink:

7. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I don,t care how they do it.The more they kill,the less that are gonna be showing up in my headlights while I,m driving home from those late night flattin trips.:crazy:

8. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

And don,t even get me going on those f***n geese!:angry:

9. mte

mte New Member

State:
    Millersville, P
    Since Valley Forge is a national park they will never allow hunting there by the public. They did the same thing at Gettysburg some time back. The Game Commission tried to get hunts at Gettysburg but was denied.

10. Valid point. Thanks.

11. MikeV

MikeV New Member

State:
    pennslvania
    No thanks,Most of those deer are inbread and have nasty black tumors inside of them,eewww i would not eat them.I cant stand F ING D BAGS like those two guys how ignorant,"these deer have been here for hundreds and hundreds of years so we need to just leave them alone"

12. That's nasty dude:eek:oooh:, thanks for the info:wink:

And yes, they are D/B's.:cool2:.

13. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Is there a lottery for this?

How do you get a pass to go into the state park and shoot away?

14. Aparently you cna't bro, that's a federal park and they got a blacklist of sharpsoohters I guess. Possible training site for Secret Service recruits? Haha.

I know the state farm park in norristown though has a lottery and I though they did that down in philly too somewhere. Hunting Park I think a few years ago.

15. saros2500

saros2500 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    The only way to get a crack at those deer is the same way i gotta get bait sometimes. Dark clothes, a new moon, and ninja-like stealth!

16. I heard plenty of deer stompin around along the banks in this stretch the past few nights Mike.:wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2009
  17. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    that wasn't deer, that was me hidin when i seen the NPT headin towards my secret fishin spot :smile2:

18. :embarassed::smile2:

I am alwalys lookin over my shoulder out there anymore, haha!

19. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i think it is a good thing they are going to be doing, but i dont think they need to waste their money on hiring sharpshooters, ill do it for free. i dont have a silencer for my rifle, but maybe thats how they can pay me with a free silencer. that would be wicked. you could take down 5 or 6 and they wouldnt even know what was going on....