Got to meet the King

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Leakyboat, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Went to the Arlington Fish and Hunting Show today,and got to meet some good people.I will tell you the King family are some great people.They are down to earth,everyday people.I met Nathan,his dad Cliff,Larry Spillers,and Danny King!I probably wore their ears off,talking catfishing,the BOC,and Acats.I sure was disappointed,i had to leave early,and missed the seminar that Danny was giving.
    Also got to meet Dennis Rice,the president of Acats,also a very friendly
    guy.
    The first picture is of Nathan,myself,and Danny.The second is of their booth they had.
    Enjoyed visiting with you guys!
    Ernie

Attached Files:

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'd like to have a show like there around here. Most of out "Fishing Shows" are actually RV shows...... & suck real bad! :rolleyes:

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Hey thanks for sharing! Enjoyed the pics and post.

4. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Earnie, I went today also, and yes, you are so right about them King Boys. Great folks. Ya should of hung around and caught the seminar. Very good info was given and was fun also. I went there to meet the King's and buy one of those poles everyone talks about but wound up buying a Danny King Signature Rod. I'm thinkin' if Danny fishes it, I should too.
    I also was hoping to meet you and Berry, but couldn't find ya. Nathan told me I missed ya.
    I like to add to this, the King family and Larry spillers are more than willing to tell ya how they fish ! The BOC has a great sponsor in the Danny King Punch Bait people.

Thanks, Nathan and Danny and Larry and the other Uncle's of Nathan's.

5. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Sorry T-Bone,
    Wished we could of hook-up.Ole Nathan's ear is probably still red from me talking to him.
    The King bunch are some good people,we started talking like we've known each other for years.There were quite a few people at the show,got pretty crowded there for a while.Let me know how you like that rod!
    The BOC does have a great sponsor with the Kings!
    Ernie

6. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    thanks guys, itwas alot of fun,,, and yall are more than generous on the comments thank you. im real glad we all got to meet and look forward to many more encounters hopefully next time itll be on the water wetting a hook.

7. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Hey Nathan,
    You worn out from the show?They ran some people through there!
    Ernie

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Good to hear Ernie. That stringer of cats in the background has to be one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I want one for the mirror of my truck. LOL!

9. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    ya ernie im a little tired got in at the house at about 5;00

10. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    :) Glad to here it went well..Sorry I couldn't make it nate...uncle chew is the best sponsor a guy could have...Hey Nate i'll let ya know today if we'll be at the lavon tournament,,course that will set you back a place in line! :cool:

11. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Great to hear about the show, Hey Nathan, are ya'll gonna be at the Tulsa Boat Sport, and Tackle Show at the end of Jan?

12. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Glad to hear you guys had a good time. Nate, glad to have you as a B.O.C. brother.

13. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    sam it was fun hope to see ya at lavon, tony i dont know i'll find out, and thank BIG V im glad to have found ya'll this is a great site. :eek: