Got to meet another Brother Thursday

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by SeedTick, May 31, 2006.

1. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Guys, I went fishing on the Arkansas River Tuesday after the rain moved through. I caught a bunch of dinks but I did keep 10 of the bigger ones. I had one that went 2 1/2 pounds and the rest were just big enough to eat. But..

When I got the boat loaded I was getting stuff squared away and a guy came up and we got to visiting. We talked for a while and he said you're on that catfish website ain't you. When I told him I was SeedTick he said yeah I know you you're on there all the time. The Brother I met is Tonyjohn. Well Brother it was a pleasure to meet you and I'm looking forward to us fishing together.

ST

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Greg, I have met brothers like that on two occasions. It is always nice to meet people.

3. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Great post Seedtick. It is always a pleasure to meet a new BOC member or another old timer like us. Good fishing report too. Did you catch those dinks on DK's?

4. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Terry, Yes sir I caught them all on DK. I put out a second rod with shad but didn't even get a hit on it so I put it up. I was fishing a seam on the edge of a scour hole. There was a place where the bottom started up from 31 ft to about 24 ft and then back down to around 30 and the graph show solid fish behind that hump. It was kinda hard to make it go down in the right place every time (I was using ultra-light rig w/half ounce sinker) but they hammered it when I got in the right place. A bunch of those little dinks would catch it before it ever hit the bottom. When I clean them they were stuffed with little mussels they rattled like a sack of marbles. Sure was fun, can't wait till morning.

ST

:0a23:

5. tonyjohn

tonyjohn New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Was very nice talking to you last week. For all of you that havent had the pleasure of meeting Seed Tick, you need to make it a point to. One really nice guy ! Thanks again Tick for the 'looper' rigs. I went catin' last wed. and fished behind the dam at Toad Suck. Caught 9 keepers and one 5lb striper. The cats were bigger than ive been catching at Plarm. Used chicken liver. Good luck guys .......Tony

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Always great to meet up with a new BOC brother, thanks for sharing.