Got to love fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by puppypal, Oct 20, 2008.

1. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    The boys had to excort there girls for Homecoming Friday night before the game...They looked wonderful. Then After the football game they had a dance to go to. Saturday morning we had a meet and greet at Falcon Jet where DH works but we were slick! LOL We packed our stuff in the van before so once it was over we could go fishing. Well between that afternoon and Sunday here is what i caught. BOY! I had a whale! LOL Of a time.... Can ya tell I am proud?
    The big one is a bit over ten pounds and the others are 3pd and a bit over 2....Got to love the fact that I had major stress and then went fishing to unwind and poof! Caught the biggest of the year!

Attached Files:

2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Glade you cought some fish and reps to you on the story

3. RAMCTD05

RAMCTD05 New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    Congratulations on a good day of fishing. I work at Falcon also, and thought of going fishing, but decided to show my son in law and grandson around town instead.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing. Congrats on some nice fish and for the largest one of the year.

5. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Sure wish you and DH coulda come to tarcamp while we were all there, would have been nice to meet ya'll. Angelkitty told us ya'll were knee deep in kid stuff and couldnt make it. Looks like you caught a nice mess. Do you folks fish there from tar camp often or somewhere else. I liked the look of some of the river there. Especially that bend right before the lock. Well, congrats again on a nice catch. Mac

6. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Ramc05 Goodness small world. Dh got on at Falcon last year. Bites he is at the botton of the lot right now. They just moved him from 3rd shift to second which is better. With me running a trophy business well, can't sell them at night! LOL Hoping he will get on days soon. he works in the machine shop? Heck near the easy track, around the courner from the lazer engraver. Teehhee one machine I know! But goodness in a mighty small version. Went up there last weekend and man it was cool to see a machine I run in a huge way.
    Little mac
    Well we are bank fisher right now. With two seniors this year it doesn't look like we will ever get off the bank. Let me tell ya every week it costs something...Homecoming alone was very costly. Think the boys tuxs alone cost 120.00 and they managed to wear them all of 2 hours! LOL Oh, well. That is a parents life.LOL
    Normally when we go to the lock 5 we are butt up against the dam nearly around there they built a rock pond calmer water and that is my place of choice. I have heard that the sand barge around the out skirts of the dam has mighty good fishing at night when the water is down. Tar camp we set up house were ever we can! LOL One day after the kids are grown no doubt you will see DH and myself speeding down the river in our boat but for now it is all about senior pictures, rings, and invites
    Catman and Mickey thanks for the high five. It sure is nice folks think well of a female fisherman ! ROFL

7. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I understand been there done that, savin money for the grandchildren when they get there.......... LOL. prolly be a million 2 by then. Jennie and I have only been free of that stuff for about 5 years or less. My youngest boy is in college but I dont have to pay for it. he a smart one. LOL. Wont be long as time flys. Catch ya'll someday.

8. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    congradulations glenda on the catch . sounds like you both had a blast. if yall ever want to get off the banc i got room in my boat for you and dh , i normally fish alone so i could use some company , let me know sometime

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Looks like a great night out. Congrats to the ball team too

10. CntryCrazy

CntryCrazy New Member

State:
    Pine Bluff, Arkansas
    Congrats Glenda, Thats a nice mess of fish u have there. Oh yes, by the smile u can tell ya'll had fun. Fishing always takes away the stress

11. RAMCTD05

RAMCTD05 New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    I'm glad you had a good time at the open house, and congrats on a great catch.