Got to go river fishin'!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by kat in the hat, Jul 15, 2007.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well, this was my first, and probably my last trip to the river this season. With gas prices so high, I can't afford to go just for one day, so I took a few days of my vaccation, and headed for the Missouri River. The bite was slow, and most of the fish we caught were caught on a trotline. We did manage a few smaller blues and channels on R&R, and I had a nice flattie break me off when I hooked it, and it made a mad dash for some pylons, and burried itself in there so deep, I couldn't get it out from any angle. We moved the boat all around to no avail. Flattie won.:sad2: We did manage to catch a few stringers of fish though, but it took utter vigillance, and determination for 3 days straight.

Here's some pics of a few of the fish we caught. I think we totalled about 55 good eaters, small flats, channels, and blues, with a Tom's 35 pounder and 15 pounder to sweaten the deal. The biggun went back to fight another day.

Attached Files:

2. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Looks like a good trip.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Matt thanks for sharing your river fishing trip. The pics looked of success. Enjoyed.:big_smile:

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice fish matt!

5. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman New Member

State:
    Caneyville, Ken
    That's a good bunch of fish! I know how it is about not being able to afford a fishing trip. I've been out of work for two weeks and can't afford it right now. My boat hasn't been in the water in those two weeks and I'm afraid it's going to get dry rot!!