GOT to be a misprint

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Bill in SC, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
  2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Perhaps its a divorce sale! I emailed, will see what happens

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009

3. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    WOW you aint joking Bill thats a dandy To bad imma poor guy lol or I'd take a road trip and go drag that baby home for sure. That price is gotta be wrong or something "fishy" lol is going on.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Man, that boat is worth THREE times that, even at wholesale.

Bill in SC

5. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
  6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    2005 Hewescraft 200 SEA RUNNER - $5900 (Columbia)

BB in SC

7. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    There's no way that can be right,but heck of a deal if it is! Wouldn't that be nice drifting in cold weather?:big_smile:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    If it sounds to good to be true then it probably is not.:wink: If for real it a great buy.

9. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's SPAM, Bill. The same add was posted in St.Louis Mo this morning.. I've been having a little fun with him through E-mails..
    http://stlouis.craigslist.org/boa/1497462025.html

Im on my 3rd email to him so far, each one I told him I have the money in my pocket and my truck is gassed up and ready to pick it up. His last email to me said he is going to list it on ebay, so we can do it through PayPal. But refuses to give me the location and his number..:smile2:

Smokinbarrel pointed out to me that trailer is way too small for that boat, and the warranty is void because of it. The transom hangs 3' off the end.. I almost had a heart attack when I first saw that add this morning.. Im sure the next email from him is going to be the old "Well the boat is here, but send the cash here, and you can pick it up there"..

10. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Yep this is the same type of info I got on my email from him. Very tricky

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Has anyone contacted Craig's list to report this? Might save some other folks the time and effort, AND the disappointment.

12. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Here is the last email he sent me :smile2:

Hi again,
    The boat is already at a shipping company. I took the boat to them to be able to ship it to a potential buyer whilst I'm out of town, working on a drilling rig in the Gulf of Mexico. My brother in law works at this small shipping company, and he promised me that it will cost me or you nothing to ship it in the ground us. Like I told you in first e-mail the boat is listed on eBay and that lets me use their secured system. I'm very busy with my job and I'm sorry I can't meet you in person. According to eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the boat to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
    So if you really want it I will give you directions/link to the auction on eBay motors because this is the only way that I'm going to sell this boat.
    Mail me ASAP if you are still very interested in my boat because now I have more buyers still interested.

13. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I HAD NO CLUE WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE SO I GOOGLE IMAGED IT.!!MAN THAT A NICE LOOKING RIG!!!!!!!sorry for the caps...im to lazy to go back and lower case it!!:smile2::smile2:...i would love that boat!!!

14. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Here is the last email he sent to me. Looks like we are buying the same boat!!!:smile2:

Hi again,
    The boat is already at a shipping company. I took the boat to them to be able to ship it to a potential buyer whilst I'm out of town, working on a drilling rig in the Gulf of Mexico. My brother in law works at this small shipping company, and he promised me that it will cost me or you nothing to ship it in the ground us. Like I told you in first e-mail the boat is listed on eBay and that lets me use their secured system. I'm very busy with my job and I'm sorry I can't meet you in person. According to eBay you have 5 days from the time you receive the boat to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
    So if you really want it I will give you directions/link to the auction on eBay motors because this is the only way that I'm going to sell this boat.
    Mail me ASAP if you are still very interested in my boat because now I have more buyers still interested.

15. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey man, thats MY BOAT.. stay away..:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: Santa clause is bringing it to my house too :big_smile::wink:

16. BOTTOM

BOTTOM Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Its definately a scam to get peoples email addresses. There have been a few NICE boats listed around here for like 4000. A couple people I know emailed and never heard back. Sometimes you can see the license numbers and the boat will be 1000 miles away and not listed anywhere but your state. :angry:

P.S. If its not a scam, then HURRY and go get it! :big_smile:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  17. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    LOL, it's spam, they can have my email address, I have a special email i use when dealing with Craigslist, and always use my proxy.:big_smile:

18. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    There is a flagging procedure you can do on Craigslist. At the upper right hand corner of each listing page is a flagging area for different offenses. I pushed the flag button for spam. You folks should do the same.

BB in SC

19. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i tried to go back and push the flag button,and it said it had already been removed.

20. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    I responded to an ad on Craigslist similar to this a few weeks ago, but with a different boat. The seller alleged that she was a MSGT in the Army and was selling the boat below market as she needed the cash to finish a home that she was building. I emailed her that I wanted the boat, but that I would come pick it up instead of her shipping it (to reduce the price). Never heard from her again.