Got Thrown A Great Big...

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, May 9, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    SHUTOUT!!! LOL. After 4 productive trips out lately it was bound to happen. I hit the Muskingum last night with a variety of baits and hope for another good night out flathead fishing. It rained on and off most of the night. I fished a eddy area from the bank that usually produces good fish during highwater conditions, but it just didn't pan out too be good last night. We only had four runs, all on big green sunfish, but only one run was worthy of a hookset. My buddy set and had a nice flathead on alittle after 10 pm. After running drag a few yards the hook pulled free. Kinda heart wrenching to see good fish get off, but its part of the game I guess. Around 11pm, the sky started to clear, the moon came high upon us, and the little action we had seized. It was a nice evening to be setup on the bank besides the rain, the mosquittos were present and the feel of them warm summer nights quickly came back to mind. Even though there was no fish caught, it brought appreciation of the outdoors, relaxation, and the challenge that I enjoy all together again......rollo

2. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    See folks he is HUMAN LOL!

3. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    sorry to hear the luck was shabby im heading to hockingport tonight got all the good bait isralie's warmouth gills goldie's
    heres hoping

4. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    And all this time I thought I was the only one.....LOL:wink:

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You know how it goes, especially when fishing the lakes. I'm just glad to get out of the house and get to go anymore, the flatheads are just a bonus I guess... rollo

6. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats why it's called fishing not catching. Sometimes its great just to get out sit back and relax. Get em next time rollo

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Man I thought we were gona smoke'em last night at the lake, but I gotta tell ya that water was pushing real close to 70 degrees and I have a feeling those fish are starting to get on the nest. Spots that have produced for me almost everytime I have went there not hardly even a bite. We caught a 10lb channel and a small flat, even went out and fished shallow flats and sand bars other than the coves and still nothing. looks like I missed them again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dangit I really wanted to get on these fish before they started to spawn, that lake seems to start the spawn very early every year. That water just heats up in a hurry...:confused2:

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats what we thought. Perfect condions for the area we set on.. Just didn't happen. I may hit the same spot tom. night again. rollo

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Rollo that's been my luck the three times I've been out score is Fish 3 myself zippo!

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Rollo its good to see you joined the "Normal Crowd". I think there is hope for you after all.:wink: