Got the new Lowrance on the boat

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by coolarrow2, Dec 26, 2008.

1. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well I got the new 522C on the boat today and can not wait to get into the water!! Who else got new fishing toys for Christmas?

2. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    got a 522 myself, should be here soon:big_smile:. did you have any problems on the install? how much detail is on the base maps? found mine at cabelas on sale for 499, plus i had some gift cards and change ive been saving all in all it only cost me 267$ out of pocket:big_smile:.

3. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I got mine last year no new toys this year but next year it will be time to upgrade

4. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Guys I have a 525 Lowrance and I like it alot. It is the same thing as your units except mine has an external antenna for the GPS. (I think that's it) I did have some problems with the transducer at first but Lowrance sent me a new one, no problem. I also got the HotMaps chip with mine, and it shows alot more details on the Ohio and Green rivers here. I haven't used it on a lake, so I don't know how accurate the bottom contours are.

5. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    It was easy to install and the base map of the river I fish is not very good. The river channel has moved alot since the map was loaded. I will be buying the create map 7 very soon so I hope I can fix my issues. The unit really showes up the fish and the gps seams pretty on so far though!! I've only had it out once but I love it so far.