Got the new boat ordered

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Ol Swampy, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Well I sent the xpress on it's way to the new owner Saturday night after one final outing. Sort of sad to see it go but the new owner should enjoy it and it looks like we will get another Gateway member out of it also. I will be boatless till the second week of September now and that sucks but hopefully it will be worth it.

I ordered the new boat last week and think I finally lined out what all it will have on it today.:big_smile_2:
    Any of you guys have any suggestions for options or what you would or wouldn't do please let me know. I want this to be the last boat purchase I do for a LOOOOOONG time.

Here is what I ordered;
    Pro cat 240
    225 Suzuki
    Outside paint in Shadow Grass
    Gatorhide interior in Bone color
    Seastar Hydraulic Steering
    Walk through windshield
    Stainless Prop
    Smart Craft Gauges (mainly for the engine management readouts)
    Tandem trailer without brakes( I have pulled heavier stuff with my truck without a problem and can add brakes later if needed)

I mulled over the options for a long time and these are the only ones I could justify. I wasn't going to put a trolling motor on it untill the beginning of the year but with all the post about river safety I decided to get it on before the maiden river voyage. If any of you guys that have ordered from Saeark recently have any suggestions please let me know. Now comes the hard part......THE WAIT!

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT

Get dual 225's!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2:

No all sounds great! I am so jealous!!!

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Congrats, sounds like a winner, (maybe some reclining bucket seats with heat and massage:smile2:)

4. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Look into the top/curtains like Steve has on his....After being in the sun all weekend with Heat the index pushing 110 I think I'm gonna be looking into a top real soon.

5. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    might as well go ahead and put 3 225s on it. And you will be needin a guitar. Of course that means you will need at least a 1500 amp inverter to power the amplifier. And you cant do without some good speakers.

6. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    That should be the last boat you ever have to buy.. I'd do the bimini top for the sun and rain.. Especially since its not my money... hehehe

7. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    so where do we sign up to go for a ride?

8. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Your welcome to any time. I am going to be hitching a ride for the next couple weeks myself.
    I am going for the top like Steve's but not till after the sales tax hit. Way after!

9. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    Good for you, that will be an awesome boat!!!!

JMO, but I'd definetely consider getting 1 brake axle. You get in any hill ground and the brakes on your truck alone will be taxed.

10. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    He might be alright. He's got a powerstroke Ford Excursion.:roll_eyes: I've got the same trailer with my boat, and I'm pulling with a 1/2ton. I do wish mine had brakes though, I don't think I could stop in a hurry if I had to.:confused2:

11. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I am just friggin GREEN with ENVY!!!!

CONGRATS Swampy!!!!!

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on the boat. Sounds like you ordered the Cream of the Crop.

13. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    The Excursion has an engine brake in "TOW" mode that works great. I am stretching it on what I ordered now as far as the cost of everything. May spend the money later on brakes if needed. I only have a 2-3 mile drive to the ramp. The way the fish are biting around here now I don't know if I will be going far to fish until that changes.:wink:

14. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Man, you guys missed an open door on that one...

The obvious suggestion would be a pair of reliable, automatic bilge pumps... :eek:oooh:

Congrats on the new purchase, Jon - you'll really like it, I'm sure.

The top and side curtains will run you in the neighborhood of $1500 to $2000depending on who does them and what kind of materials they use. But it's worth all that and more to stay out of the heat and the cold... Keep your eye out for a Big Buddy propane heater at BPS or Cabelas, they occasionally go on sale for around $99 or so.

15. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    I pull with an 06 F150 and wouldn't be without the surge brakes on my trailer. I can slam on the brakes pretty much as hard as I want and never know there's a trailer back there.

Never cared much for that feeling of "no control" when you slam on the brakes and the trailer starts pushing you where you don't want to go...

16. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Thanks Marty! I should have thought that would come up:smile2:

17. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Get the shad-proof baitwell overflow thingy!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

Oh yeah, they don't make one........

18. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <Sounds like you ordered the Cream of the Crop.>

For SURE! Congrats!!
    Bill in SC

19. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Skip,
    It was the rain pants not the shad that clogged it up:wink:

20. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats John; I cant wait to see the shadow grass. Let me know if I can help in any way. Hope to see it at the shoot out Oct.11.