Got the itch?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Scott Daw, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    As the nights are getting cooler, and the better hunting shows are back on the outdoor channel ( D & DH), I find myself longing for the upcoming days afield. Sunrise to sunset in the deer woods during archery season. I envy the waterfowlers, for it is they, who get first crack at dawns early light. Soon, this summers practice and time spent scouting will prove itself as it has in seasons past. The camo has been washed and stored in a scentfree bag. The bow is ready to go and shooting true. The battery in the range finder is good to go. Soon I'll be stump sitting on a hill side, waiting patiently for the dawn to come and the ghostly figures to step into view. My heart beating faster with every little noise I hear in the fallen leaves, shuffle shuffle, could it be a deer? shuffle, its getting closer..... shuffle.....I can feel my heart trying to beat out of my chest in anticipation......shuffle shuffle...DOH!!....darn squirrel!!! I want to yell but a flicker of white in the corner of my eye screams to me to freeze as I am soon to be rewarded......

2. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Wow, you really do have the itch.:big_smile:

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Opening day is sept. 20th for my area and I saw 9 deer in one of the fields that I hunt today.

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i am ready to rock, doc! good luck to you this year scott!

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    To all of those BOC members that deer hunt, have a great season! Hope you smack the big one!!

6. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Yeppers, it's getting that time of year. I put in a 2 acre food plot with wheat, perennial rye grass, turnips and white clover. It started sprouting just last week. Getting a slow rain today so it should really pop up quick now. Come on deer season!!!

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Walked out on the deck with my first cup of coffee this morning and the temp was 57. I got the itch!!

8. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    I diffenitly got the itch. Archery season starts Sep. 27th here. I wish it was 57. When I was out checking feeders and game cams yesterday the on board temp display said 102!!!!

9. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Yep I`m ready to hit the deer woods for another season !!!!

10. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    I've been shooting since the first of August. Got some nuisance tags to fill. Freezer is almost full. Still got the itch. :wink:

11. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Itch?? That word doesn't explain it. I'm itching, Broke out in hives, trembling, Bloated, Foaming at the mouth, and I think I just had a hemorroid burst! Man, I'm so ready for opening day !!
    :smile2: