Got the itch?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Scott Daw, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    As the nights are getting cooler, and the better hunting shows are back on the outdoor channel ( D & DH), I find myself longing for the upcoming days afield. Sunrise to sunset in the deer woods during archery season. I envy the waterfowlers, for it is they, who get first crack at dawns early light. Soon, this summers practice and time spent scouting will prove itself as it has in seasons past. The camo has been washed and stored in a scentfree bag. The bow is ready to go and shooting true. The battery in the range finder is good to go. Soon I'll be stump sitting on a hill side, waiting patiently for the dawn to come and the ghostly figures to step into view. My heart beating faster with every little noise I hear in the fallen leaves, shuffle shuffle, could it be a deer? shuffle, its getting closer..... shuffle.....I can feel my heart trying to beat out of my chest in anticipation......shuffle shuffle...DOH!!....darn squirrel!!! I want to yell but a flicker of white in the corner of my eye screams to me to freeze as I am soon to be rewarded......