got some new traps!!!!

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by River_monster91, Dec 22, 2007.

1. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    im so excited right now!!! lol...anyway i just got me four #160 duke conibears and the boxes that hold them. got em for an early christmas present. cant wait to get them set out by the creek and catch some coons. i plan on saving up some more money from the furs i get and buying a couple more. paid around 60 bucks for all four and the boxes. ill let ya know when i catch that 50 pound coon.

2. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

50 pound coon? lol you must be just kidding. there are some big coon in kansas but none that big i am farly sure.160's make an ok trap i like to 220 better myself since both are leagal in kansas for dry land you might consider that.i like setting traps like what you are talking about for coons and bobcats alike. fun stuff

3. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Good for you channelkatman, have a good time, I once got a pretty good size coon, he was huge, not quite 50 lb tho. about 36 in long layin there. He pulled the staples holding the barb wire to 3 fence posts. Wish I coulda kept and tanned that one. I got a huge mink once, wish I still had that one too,

4. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

so did you ever cacth any coon? fill us in on your season