Got some new traps yesterday

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by jlingle, Dec 23, 2008.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I'm gonna try some MB650's. I have a buddy who has started handling some of Minnesota Trapline Products stuff & he told me the 650's are the best trap he's ever used. He ain't kidding, these suckers are nice nice nice. He even speed dipped them for me before I picked em up. Can't beat a deal like that. I sure hope they catch me some fur, 'cause after parting with that kinda money I'm gonna need them to!!!

If any of you guys are considering a new coyote/cat trap, I don't know how you could beat these traps. They're super strong and the pan is enormous.

2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good luck on the Critter catchin !:big_smile:

3. Quack_Addict88

Quack_Addict88 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Congrats on the new traps!! I'm sure we'll hear how they worked out!!

4. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    you will be very happy with them!

5. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Way to go .... now get them in the ground ... :big_smile: ... Garry-

6. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Grrrr...:angry:

Gonna have to readjust the traps pan tension. I thought I had it right before setting them out, but I had a cat do a tap dance on a set last night & came up empty. Nothing, trap didn't even fire. Heck he even stole my furball out of my dirthole set. I was setting them so the animal would fully commit a foot and I'd get a good solid foot catch. Guess I'd better loosen them up just a fuzz. Darn that's aggravating.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    That sux,Jerrod,But it showed ya that you know your doin something right like location:big_smile:

8. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Jerrod ... I have never trapped for cats ... no season here ... but for fox I have had those light-footed devils before .... the first thing to remember is to set the trap so they don't cross the jaws .... as you are faciing the hole and set the trigger should be on the right or left not front or back ... having it the wrong way can flip a foot out of the way or get a poor toe nail catch .... I like my pan tension to be JUST level ... ie, when not set the pan has just enough tension to stay level and drop with just a touch ... when you set the trap this tension will increase 4 to 5 times that. ....... Garry-

9. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    congrats on the traps. im going 2 put some out this year. I better do it soon.