Got some new rigs

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Reel_Blues, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I just got 2 new Catmaxx rods with 7000ic3 Abu reels. I used them last week and they are awsome. Any of you use the ic3 if so i would like to know what you think of them.

102_0554.jpg

2. VaFisherMan

VaFisherMan New Member

State:
    virginia
    I've been thinking about buying one to put on my ugly stick tiger. What's the biggest difference between them and the BG 7000(Big Game)?

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I can't speak for the rods, but those ABU reels are sweet! I own a 6500 and 5600.

4. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    my friend you have a perfect combo i build rods and havent found a blank better than the catmaxi use 7ft 6in the reels are great i have 7000pro rockets,c3is. and 7000i also 7000 big game ,they are all great ! NOW HERES THE DOWN FALL the eyes on the rods are weak I bought new catmax rods cut the eyes off and put on stainless guides and rewraped them made custom rods they are awsome well good luck let me know how you like them !!!:0a26::0a17::0a23::boss::0a22:

5. wbtfish

wbtfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Awesome, never owned either one, but have been with others that did. Catmaxx Rods are a lot like the ones I use. Use abu Garcia 6000 and 6500 for flatheads and they work great.

6. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    I think? the 7000 C3's have three bearings and the 7000's have only one. Both are fine reels. The C3's retail for $30-$40 more. I know I whipped butt on a 42 pounder with my dink Abu 4600 and 15? pound test last week. The flimsy ugly stick and slick drag whupped that fish in a raging tide. Great reels!!