got some new flathead rods.

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by DaveR, Jan 5, 2006.

1. DaveR

DaveR New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    After deciding to use my King Kat pros for channels exclusively under advice of the coolest fishing site on the web I went and bought some new rods. I purchased 2 Quantum BigCats one med/heavy and one heavy action. I also purchased 2 Abu reels a 6500 tccf and a 7000b. I want to use these as my primary setups for Muskingum and Ohio river flatheads. I hope these work out for my sake cause at this point my girlfriend is ready to strangle me and I'm going to be eating ramen noodles for a couple weeks to offset the cost lol :p

Big Dave

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Good luck with the flats Dave.
    Don't worry a guy can live on ramens for quit a while LOL.

3. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    i lived off ramen for over a year i have some pretty tasty recipies for them now

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats about what I use. However I will be trying my King Kat Pro's for Flats to see how they handle them.

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You made a good choice on those bigcat rods....Brayn I would trust the sturdy stik before those kingkats on flats.

6. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    Ramen noodles are not bad. Just add a few spices, left over meat cut up is chucks, etc. :) By the way, you might as well get her broke now to the idea of a guy has to have new tackle occasionally or we go nuts. :)

7. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Dave R, Like Flathunter Said, The Big Cats Are An Excellent Choice. I Also Just Got Me A Couple Of The M/h Casting And One Heavy Casting. Good Looking Rods, Can't Wait To Load Em' Up With Some Hawgs!

8. DaveR

DaveR New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Thanks guys for steering me toward these rods. I did a side by side comparison last night with my Rhinos and I certainly wish I would have bought the BigCats sooner. Oh well chalk it up as another learning experience.

Big Dave

9. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good luck with the new rods! I am sure they will work great

10. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The best thing about your new rods and reels, they dont complain or nag.

11. DaveR

DaveR New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Lmao, what's ironic is that she's usually the first one to the table when I fry up some catfish.

Big Dave