Got SKUNKED

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by 1sporticus, Dec 6, 2007.

1. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well I hate to say it, but I got skunked. I hunted first season shotgun, and the only deer I saw was about 4:45 sunday evening. I let the boy shoot at them, there was 4 does, it was a long shot, but he is capable at that distance. Anyway I could here shooting all around me, and I have a good place to hunt, but no cigar. I would have definately liked to have taken a deer, but just being out in the timber is enough. My only option now is late bow season. Oh well no point in whining about it, just move on. I was abit surprized at my luck, this is my honey hole.
    Later Andy

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Andy when is second season? We gotta get you some vittles

3. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    We all been there brother...
    :sad2:

4. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    im right there with you man, i havent even taken a shot this seson, but i still love being out there. ive passed up my only few. i just gotta say its great you hunt with your son, i wish my dad would be able to hunt with me

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Andy ,I'm not a bow hunter at all ,But if you are in any way ,get ya a ground blind and git er done!!!

6. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    All deer hunters go though it. Being out in the woods with your son and seeing him shoot at a deer now thats worth getting skunked.

7. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    at least the boy got to take the shot

8. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Do you have a late muzzle loader season there? If not, I have two words for you: CROSS BOW......LOL
    At least you got out there Andy.