1. Bubbafish

Bubbafish New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Ok well as some knew i was planning a trip to go up to kerr lake and fish all night this past wednesday 10/4/06. well to start off my buddy called and said that he could not make it cause his boss man scheaduled him to work the next morning without asking him if he could work so he and the guy he was bringin were not able to make it. So my dad and my fiance went with me. That aint bad but was just lookin for a night out with my buds. well we got up to the lake about 7pm and got set up it was a little windy and choppy but not to bad. we were using cut and whole shad, which usually does great. well we got one channel that was about 4lbs around 10pm and that was it for the night. we didnt get not one more bite the whole night i just can figure it out. but i got to spend time with my dad which is here there and yander now but it just really sucks to go up and fish all night and not have any action.

Now heres a question for all.
    Does a real bright high moon affect the fishing ive heard it does and ive heard it doesnt? the reason i ask is because the moon that night was almost full and extremly bright i didnt have to use my lantern to see my rods. let me know what you all think?

2. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I know that's been discussed quite a bit here before. But just in my personal expierence, I haven't had much luck when the moon is full and bright.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Glad you got to spend some time with your dad. As for the moon I have had both good and bad nights with it full. Better luck next time.

4. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Kyle
    Ive got to where I wont even plan a trip on the full moon. The only fish Ive ever caught on a full moon really good were bedding bream and crappie. Most guides I know on the Santee Cooper lakes also hate to catfish on the full moon. Now, I do like the period of time of one week before and the week after.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sucks when you have no luck like that man. I also have never had any luck when there is a full moon............or half, quarter, none.....LMAO

6. Katphish

Katphish New Member

State:
    tennessee
    we fished last night, full moon, we caught 1 crappie, not even a hit on the catfish rods.

7. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    sorry about the bad luck theres always the next time

8. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    At least you caught one. I know not what you are looking for but at least it was a fish.

Wheelmobile07

9. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Well Ive heard both sides of the story . Last night we had some major bits and 7 fish caught including a real healthy 7lb channel I caught , so I belive its up in the air really

10. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Are you still going to go fishing at Kerr Dam??

11. Bubbafish

Bubbafish New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    thats where we were. but i think the next trip were gonna plan to go to gaston.

12. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    You were on the Tailrace side of the dam (Gaston) or the Kerr lake side? If you were on the tailrace side then that was a terrible day for this time of year, but on the Kerr Lake side it's not quite as good.

13. Bubbafish

Bubbafish New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    kerr lake side.

14. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    For the most part, I usually don't do too well on full moon nights. Fri. night 10/06/06, we decided to go out any way(had a bad week,needed the R&R).

The major feed time was supposed to be between midnight & 2A.M.. We arrived @ about 11:30 & put out 32 juglines, 2 hooks per ea. It is illegal to use live bluegill here on setlines, so we used a variety of other baits. Three of us R&R fished until it was time to pull up the jugs. At 6:30A.M. we pulled up all of the lines.

Total tally was, R&R fishing NONE, Juglines, 1 Bowfin & 1 Bullhead. I guess the botom line here is that my luck still held out ALL BAD:embarassed:

15. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    Bubbafish,any night fishin is better than sittin at the house.Sorry to hear yer luck.We have a Kerr lake here in Ok that I fish regular:cool2:

16. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I try to go whenever I can. I have noticed, however, that the bite isn't as good with a full moon out. If possible, I try to go the week or so before a full moon. Better luck next time!

17. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    we went fishin saturday night and didnt get anything as far as cats got some runs but no hook ups.i did catch a few israelie carps that were bout 6-7 inches long on that cured liver but other than that i didnt even get a bite on that liver.

18. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Oh, you should definitely try the Gaston Lake side, killer fishing at times man.