Got Skunked last night.

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by jim700, Jul 25, 2009.

1. jim700

jim700 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well instead of taking the trip to truman we left for Jeff City to put in below the bridge fished up by the old lock up river...no luck we moved all around fished behind the two sand banks and in the current again no luck. We floated down the osage for a while and found a good deep hole of water and the fish finder was going nuts.........again no luck. We were using live perch some hole some cut up tried liver and worm and still didnt catch one fish. I just cant get over not catching anything, any tips/advice? Maybe i just need to travel a little bit further and get on the Missouri. I HATE BEING SKUNKED that was seriously the first time i have never not caught a fish of any kind.

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Have not been fishing long eh. It's fishing what do you expect. Being skunked is part of it. It takes time on the water to figure the river out. How's the Osage is there current of any kind?

3. jim700

jim700 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The current was slow but as the night progressed rain started moving in so it did come up a bit, and i have been fishing for roughly 16 years i was just surprised and agrevated that i came out of the water empty handed.

4. jim700

jim700 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have never thought about trying to fish during fall and winter... i may have to make some winter and fall fishing trips. Im planning on putting in tonight again and pulling another all nighter and just fishing cover only. Probably just go put in at the gasconade but i duno yet.

5. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    some people will swear that winter blue fishing is the best time to target very large "trophy" fish, and i have seen a lot of things that indicate they are right. but i do believe that mid august will bring the bite back in a big way, and we are in for some great fish pics and some awesome stories.

6. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    You will get'em next time:smile2:

7. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    fishin aint to good right now. keep it up and it will always pay off.