Got skunked by my wife

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Little Mac, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    We launched out of clear creek and run out to the river, went down to a couple dikes I like to fish, I got Jennies pole out for her and was baiting mine when Wham,,,,,,, Fish on. It was Jennies first catfish ever and she was beside herself. I think it wieghed around 5 pounds. We moved up river past Clear creek and decided to fish the shallow side, I marked alot of fish in the 8-14' water so we anchored up, got the rods out and Wham...... She done got another. I did have a few on, but lost them. I set Jennie up with circle hooks because she doesnt do well setting a hook, Looks as though I might have to go to circles just to keep face.........:smile2::wink: I was proud of her. stayed till a little close to midnight and come on home. Had a good time and thats what counts I reckon.

Attached Files:

2. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Jim, she surely hasn't razed you about getting skunked...or has she? Nice post and glad to hear you guys had a good time...that sure is what it's all about. Now I am not rubbing it in but please tell her I said CONGATS... :smile2:

3. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Don't feel bad Mac.......happens to me on a regular basis:wink::smile2::tounge_out: Nice fish!!!

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    that smile says it all mac.tell her congrats for me.

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    That smile says it all!!! Good looking fish.

6. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    OH YEA, and its still goin on today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad2::embarassed::tounge_out: Yea she was grinnin from ear to ear. I dont know how many times Ive taken her out fishin an she not catch any, Finally after trying to teach here how and when to set the hook, I realized That a circle hook was the ticket for her. I thought it was funny, she said what do I do, I said Reel it in........ LMAO. She had a good time. Thanks guys I will pass on what was said. Mac

7. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    congrats MAC you probly feel like i did whean my dawter skunked me the knight she cawt her first cat its well worth it the smiles and look on thear face its a memmory of a life time :big_smile:

8. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    She looks so happy and what a beauty of a cat she caught! At times it helps us to come out ahead! LOL ROFL
    Give her a high five for me

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats to your wife Mac. Now that she has tasted victory she will never settle for defeat again.:smile2:

10. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    how true lol:wink::smile2::big_smile:

11. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    send out a congrat for me also . i love to catch catfish but the smiles on the faces of the ones i love when they catch one is priceles

12. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    Their's nothing better than being out-fished by your wife or kids,makes you feel good to get skunked

13. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
  14. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Nice fish I'm used to getting beat myself:smile2:

15. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Somethin just aint right!!!!!!!!!!:crazy::eek:oooh: I reckon she is just gonna have to bait her own hook...:embarassed::wink:

Attached Files:

16. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Way to go Jenn!!!!!! I know you had a blast, now you got the fishing bug for sure. Congrats on all your fish.
    Cassk:0a23:

17. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Cass, I will tell her what you said, she is gone for a bit taking care of her Mom. Dont know how long. She doesnt have access where she is at. She might get to come home on the weekends, not sure yet. :sad2:

18. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Sorry to hear that Mac.. Hope your mother in law gets well soon.