Got skunked again this weekend mostly due to weather though

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by motodragon2003, Aug 28, 2006.

1. motodragon2003

motodragon2003 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I went out Friday and managed to only bring one type of bait which was destroyed in the process of getting tot he lake..........lucky me......so went home early that night.

Saturday got drowned trying to wait out storms that never seemed to stop coming........

Then last night got a little wet with no bites.....however, I found out my wife is very good at catching crawdads........

She caught over 3 dozen in 2 hours....so now I have to hook up my aquarium and turn it into a bait tank ehehe....lord knows she won't fish but she will catch me bait for hours.....crazy asian woman.

which brings me to my question...........are crawdads that good of a bait??? I used them for about 2 hours and only had to re-bait 2 times due to damage to the craw on the cast.........never got a bite....had one suspended about 10-14 feet down and one on bottom.....was 20 feet deep in the spot I was fishing.

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Crawdads are good bait I have had luck with them in the past.It just really depends on how hungary they are! I've had them biting so fast that I was running from one rod to the next.Nothing huge mind you but very good eatin size.-----------pk powell:big_smile:

3. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    we caught only 4 in a tourney so dont feel bad

4. dusky

dusky Member

State:
    indiana
    Crawdads are great bait. I'm usually too lazy to catch them though. It's usually quicker for me to just cast for shad.

5. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Im hoping the fishing will pick up here in the next few weeks