Got rain?

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by Flatheadhunter33, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Got dumped on pretty good last night. Rain kind of came out of no where along with some thunder and really strong winds! Really unusual for this area during this time of year?:eek:oooh: Im hoping it puts some fresh oxygen in the water. Im gonna try to hit the river this weekend. What do you all think?

2. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Its always been my observation that when the storm front blow through the fish dont bite for anything. Of course theres the exception to every rule, but thats been my experience.

3. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I know that the last week we got rain down here, it was followed by labor day weekend and we ended up with some of the best action of the year.

Sunday's storm though was pretty strong (for Yuma)...

4. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Fish when you have the chance,,,, hard to catch them off this computer!!!:wink:

prolly be pretty good, I think

5. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    you got that right Greg!:wink: Im getting out there this weekend for sure!

6. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Good Luck, let us know how it goes,, I'll probably be doing other stuff this weekend...

I had pretty good success last weekend, biggest of the trip was a 13 lb Flat.
    but, caught a few others, some channels and a few bass also!!

The humidity seemed a bit more noticeable, in the Blythe area. But, I haven't figured out how to do too much about that, so, I just let it be humid.......:eek:oooh::smile2:

ltr, G

7. yumacats

yumacats New Member

State:
    arizona
    I went out to the river and got a few nice size channel catfish. I wanted to stay longer but it started lightning where we were at so we had to pack it up. The bite sure was good!