Got out for a while today

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by SkiMax, Nov 7, 2006.

1. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Got down to the lake for a couple hours today. It was rainy and nasty-so i was hoping they would be biting. They have been at the surface underneath the docks i fish. Well the water must be cold enough because they werent there. I caught several small ones pitching along the docks. but the bites were few and far between. Well i dropped down a vertical jigged 8-12 feet deep and picked up a few more small ones. Well after 40 minutes of this I decided to try fishing along the bottom of the channel. I set up a drop shot rig with 2 hooks, one with a minnow and 1 with a tube jig. I dropped it down to the bottom (about 22 feet) and as soon as it got there BAM! pulled in a nice 10 incher on the minnow (real nice compaired to what i had been catching). I put another minnow on and dropped it back down and it got hammered again, a small one-again on the minnow. Well i took the jig off and had two minnows on. Every time i dropped down I would get hammered, many doubles. I caught roughly 30 fish over 10 inches, with the biggest being about 13 (just a guess). I woulda took some pictures for on here but i forgot my camera. But they are biting, i am just catching the deep!

2. Cornmeal and Catfish

Cornmeal and Catfish New Member

State:
    Covington, Louisiana
    The water is just starting to cool down. I caught 1 this past saturday. I had someone on the boat that wasn't into crappie fishing, so I couldn't do what I like to do. On friday I went out and caught 21 that was 10" or better. From friday to Saturday we had a strong SE wind and the water rose 1 1/2 - 2 feet.
    I'm waiting for some cold weather, I usually pull some monsters out of this spot.

3. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Max, I love catching crappie - any size - but the bigger ones are definitely more fun to catch and they're so good to eat!!!

4. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    sounds like a nice time fishing. wish i could get out for a little while today. its 64 deg. and sunny here lol. too much stuff to do though. anyways glad you had a good time!:lol:

5. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Last weekend I found a school on a 4 foot flat in the middle of the pond. Caught about 12-14 sacalait, with 2 bass about a pound each. Throwing a 1/16 ounce jig, about 2 feet down, they'd hit a second after I started reeling in. Those bass really fought like crazy on my ultra light Micro T11 Zebco. I might set up a double rig and test it in my neighbor's pool to get the retreval looking good.