Got my SeaArk Pro-Cat 240 Ordered Today!

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Mr.T, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Finally got hold of the dealer today and put in an order for my Pro-Cat 240... :big_smile:

No idea yet what the final price will end up being or when I'll get it, but at least I got the ball rolling. The "published" ballpark figure of $30 to $35k boat/motor/trailer should be pretty accurate. I'm hoping for delivery by the end of March but I expect it'll be a few weeks until they really know how long it's gonna be.

It'll be bright red with bone colored spray-in bedliner on the interior. 225hp Suzuki 4-stroke, hydraulic steering and a tandem-axle trailer with brakes. I'll have the top and side curtains custom-made later.

I'm selling both my kids to help pay for it, so if anyone is interested, drop me a line... :roll_eyes:

2. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    congradulations marty on getting a new boat:big_smile: im sure you will enjoy for years and years !!! are you gonna have a a new boat party for all of us and brake a bottle of bubbely :roll_eyes:???

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Man thats going to be a sweet ride Marty. Theres going to be no way we can miss you on the lake now. Congrats!!!

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California

Hey man, I'm glad for you....... did you consider a jet drive as an option???

bayrunner ray

5. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Marty, Its good to hear you have your dream boat on order, based on everything you have said you wanted in a boat in the past, this boat has it all and more. I want on the list for a test ride. lol . congrats

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    congrats on the new boat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:big_smile:

7. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    "Theres going to be no way we can miss you on the lake now."

Thank God................:eek:oooh: Remember eye's on the bridge pilings

in all seriousness, congrats Marty.

8. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Congratulations, Marty. That is one sweet boat. I just got my new SeaArk this past friday. It ain't no Pro-Cat, but it'll suit me just fine!:wink:

9. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Marty, I'm going to be moving up to Jeff City sometime this summer so I am expecting a ride in that awesome boat...lol

:wink:

10. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Marty,

Did you sell yours or going to trade it in? Just curious, if you trade it in what kind of trade they are giving you? I'm seriously looking into buying one myself but I'll wait till next year. Did you get the drop in livewell? Was curious how big it is? Did you get a trolling motor on it? I would think you wouldn't want anything but a 101# thrust. Congrats on the New boat!!!! If possible I'd like to go for a ride in one before I purshase one.

Shipman

11. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Congrats Marty! Enjoy!! Looks like no more "Rock Band" on Wednesday afternoons, back to making the servers work:smile2:

12. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO

I'll eventually sell my current boat myself, but not till after the new boat gets here. I'll have the tournament livewell eventually, not certain it's available yet. I already have a 101 lb AutoPilot trolling motor on my current boat that will get moved to the new one. And as long as I'm spending all my retirement money anyway, I'll probably go ahead and put a Humminbird 997si in there as well...

Not sure what part of the state you're in, but I think Steve Brown is going to be doing "demo" rides next week prior to the St. Louis Boat Show.

If that doesn't work for you, you're welcome to come take a ride in mine once I get it... Bring a book to read though, as I expect the waiting line to be pretty long... :eek:oooh:

13. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    You wasted no time Marty, Congratulations she should be a beauty. I will be the first to call Crockett you can be Tubs as that Bright red monster will look like something off Miami Vice in the Mo. River. LOL
    :smile2: Duck

14. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations Marty, that should be a great tournament boat and a fishing machine all around. One of these days brother one of these days, wish I had some kids to sell:eek:oooh::smile2:.

15. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats Marty. Making my little Lund look like a dingy. LOL

16. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Congrats Marty, Looks like it is time to think of a name for the Beast.

17. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Marty,

Congrats, I am seriously jealous! :wink:

What’s your opinion on the Suzuki Outboard that is matched with the boat?

18. Goofy

Goofy Member

State:
    Moline, Illinois
    Congrats, those must be some great kids.

19. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    I haven't owned a Suzuki before, so I don't have any direct experience using them. Howeever, I do own a Yamaha 115hp 4-stroke and my experience with it is enough to convince me I'll *never* own a 2-stroke motor again; you just turn the key and the engine starts, first time, every time, no matter the weather.

My decision to go with Suzuki is based largely on Steve Brown's experience with them -- he runs well over ONE THOUSAND gallons of fuel every year through the 225hp 4-stroke on his guide boat (and that's a conservative estimate, I'm certain) -- in 3 years, he hasn't had a single problem with the motor. In fact, he hasn't even changed the spark plugs - just regular engine oil and lower unit oil changes and that's it. If that's not a positive endorsement for an engine, I don't know what is.

One of the big factors in my choice is that the Suzuki is unbelievably quiet -- you can literally forget to turn it off when you get back to the dock; if it wasn't for the splash of the tell-tale water stream, you would hear almost nothing. Even blasting down the lake at full throttle with the 225hp motor, you can still carry on a regular conversation. My Yamaha 115 is pretty quiet, but nothing like the Suzuki.

Suzuki's warranty is also among the best in the industry - a full 6 years of warranty coverage if you buy during boat show season (basically through the end of March). But hopefully I won't need the warranty.

And finally, if all of the above wasn't reason enough to own a Suzuki, there's the "Catch and Reward" program -- finish first in a sanctioned tournament while fishing from a Suzuki-powered boat, and Suzuki will pay you $1000. Easy money, I say!:smile2:

20. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Marty,

That was good, are you part owner of Suzuki :smile2:

Just kidding, sounds like an awesome outboard. I went with an Evinrude E-Tec and like it also, but no where near the 225HP range.

Keep us updated on how she performs for you.