got my operation done

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by massa_jorge, Jun 14, 2008.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    well i have been threatening to get the ol snip snip for a while now, but since i had a couple months off i decided to do it. saved up enough to cover the co pay and it didn't cost me anything, so that's good. i figured i could take part in the pain process of having kids so my wife wouldn't have to undergo the alternative, so i am glad to do it... but it hurts pretty good. i should be back to normal before i go back to work next week. yeehaw!
    i came from a family of 8 kids with a single mom, and she worked 2 jobs and went to school. there was no parent time really, and we all started working at 13-14 years of age. i have 3 gorgeous kids now, and a healthy marriage, and a good paying job where momma can be at home with the kiddos. so i want there to be a minimum of competition with the kids for parent time! hope this isn't too off the wall........:roll_eyes:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Found that a bag of ice can be a good friend. LOL! The follow up visit to see if it took is a hoot. LOL!:wink:

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Jordan, they must have done only one side on George. I needed two ice bags.

Don't tell your friends. Some of them have this Macho thing and will give you strange looks.

Best thing you could have done for yourself and your wife and your family.

Later, John.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'll have to tell ya the story that goes along with my vasectomy adventure. I had a blast with it. Theres a laugh in everything and I'm sure ya are gonna enjoy it. At work rite now so I gotta wait till I get home.

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Lmao, one side is enuff to knock a mule to his knees.:confused2:

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Jordan I commend you ,I am squeemish when it comes to needles and things that might hurt,Hell I dam near pass out when I go for the blood letting for my annual cholosterol screenin.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    cant wait to hear the story george.

My friend had one ton, said the first time he bent over it felt like he ripped from arse to belly button

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jordan, I wonder what it cost today? Insurance paid it but cost $75 when I had it done.

Didn't miss any work for I had it done Friday morning after working night shift. Didn't have to go back to work till Wednesday evening. Remember the doctor was cutting and talking on the phone with his stock broker. Then he had the nerve to say I had got awful quiet. I told him I didn't want to distract him anymore than he already was, that I was concerned he might cut the wrong cord. :eek:oooh:

I don't remember much pain other than when wife removed the stitches. I wore a support for about a week.

Good Luck! :big_smile:

9. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    well luckily the doc was a hunter/fisherman and we bsed about that till it was done. didn't feel too much except for when he switched sides. they have a new way of doing it without the scalpel, kind of a stab and spread thing. wife said it looks likes fishin bait, haha. maybe huge fishing bait but oh well... i was thinking about the in fisherman dude otis 'toad' smith at that time. he had heart surgery and they cut off a piece of his heart. the doc gave it to him, and he later caught a catfish on it. he is the man, haha. it hurt later about as bad as when a calf kicked me there. maybe the calf was worse... thanks yall, didn't know if this was too out there or not. waiting to hear george's story, haha.

oh yeah it was $600 or so, but the insurance covered 100% since it is considered an office visit. glad i finally have a job with decent insurance.

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    The unkindest cut. Shaved like they asked me to only I got creative. Took it all off. Got the wifes eyebrow pencil and drew a couple of eyes down there. The nose was stock equipment. LOL! They were callin in nurses and docs from other areas to come take a look. First time my lonely soldier and his duffle bags were ever a celebrity. LOL! Docs diggin around in there and asks me if I ever had an accident of some sort down there. Seems he could'nt locate the vass tube on the rite side. Felt like he had both hands in there. LOL! Come to find out many years later I only had one kidney. Apparantly all that is tied in somehow and thats why no vass tube on the rite. When I had to take the sample back to check it out for wigglers I made sure the bottom of the bag was wet and I set it on the counter. Ya shoulda seen the look on thier faces.:crazy:

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I just blew tea out my nose. I got a mental image that i fear will stay for awhile.:smile2: Thanks George, and I wouldn't have expected any less.

12. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lmaooooo :smile2::smile2::smile2: