Got my new SeaArk ride home today

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by great pappy cat, Jul 24, 2008.

1. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    I am now the proud owner of a 2005 Sea Ark 1872jtpcc with a 2006 Yamaha 115/80 4 stroke jet out board :big_smile_2::0a22::003:. This thing is frikin HUGE! It's 18' long with a 95" beam ,72" floor, the sides are 28", center console,jet tunnel hull with 28" transome,the aluminum is .125 thick most others are .1 at the most,with an extruded keel thats .1875 thick.it also has a weight capacity of over a 2 tons.They make 4 wheeler ramps for this thing. All SeaArk boats are built to National Marine Manufacturer Association (NMMA) standards.You can't sink these boats.SeaArk Marine's customer base includes the Corps of Engineers, Oil Companies, and various Law Enforcement Agencies as well as the U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Marine Corps, Survey Companies, and many other Domestic and International Government Agencies,They are one of the finest hulls out there.It came with an oxegen infused filtered round 30 gallon shad tank. I think I can fit some bait in:smile2: Its got an onboard battery charger,Perco battery selector switch, sweet sound system,digital tach,30 gallon fuel tank,lowrance lcx20c wich I will be upgadeing to a hummingbird 997c soon (yes Im nuts:tounge_out:). 3 bildge pumps.Motor guide 55# wireless bow mount trolling motor.wich will be upgraded to a 80 or 101# ASAP.2 batterys wich I think are no good:confused2:.The seller included a jumpstarting pack,Anchors, life vests seat box storage with bench seats,2 pedastal seats. 4 rod holders.nav and anchor lights. Still, I have alot of pimpin to do to her. Slowly but surely Ill get er done. Shane stopped buy to help me tear down my fence.So I had a place to put her.(thanks shane) Then we took it bass fishin behind my house.This is where it got bad. I thought I knew that area well.But the susky is lower than what Im used to in that area. I got cocky and was runnin full throttle.Thinking If I cant see it I wont hit it. Well I didnt see it and I still hit it.I ran her up on a rock bed.We skipped right over it but I had the motor trimed all the way down and I busted my gate in half, bent the throttle a little and, smashed the heck out of my intake grate:sad2:. Rookie mistake. I got alot of learning to do. The hole point of the tunnel to protect my motor well not if you dont know how to use the power trim? uggg... Ill beat my self up for a while about that one. next time Ill be more careful. No major damage just need to buy a new gate and to bend the grate and throtle back.The real damage was to my ego.To top it off the trolling motor died after 10 min. and I got skunked.Not to good for the maiden voyage. Its ok though this is a catfishing boat not a bass fishing boat.Well 90% of the time anyway.The next trip will go better when Im goin flat head fishin.... thats my gig:cool2:.I still want time to fish with my freinds. I also want to travel to do some tournament catfishing. Ive got a rig that Ill feel safe in most any water.The pics arent to good Ill post more later

Attached Files:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great boat, congrats and good luck "pimping it" out

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Sounds like a great ride. Hope you get it slimy soon!...W

4. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    WOW! Awesome cat fishin platform! Dem cats-R-in real peril now!
    Good luck with the boat..................& stay off'n dem rocks!:0a22:

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    CENTER CONSOLE!

Awesome boat Joe. Someday when they start paying teachers well, I may have to get one myself.

How many Philly guys can you fit on that?

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    That's a sweet ride..

7. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    I just got a sudden urge to travel to the suskie:big_smile_2::big_smile_2:

..well maybe not but I am envying that ride. Shore fishing stinks!
    Congrats and look forward to all the successful war stories.

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats Joseph on the new boat! :cool2: Too bad about banging her up on the maiden voyage! :sad2: I hope it brings you many years of reliable service! :big_smile:

9. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    The capacity plate says 11 people or 1575 pounds if I remember right.I think it will fish 4 comfortably.Any more will be on the crowded side

Attached Files:

10. shmoedaddy

shmoedaddy New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    That is one sweet boat...:wink:

11. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Great boat Joseph, congrats and remember, drive the speed limit:smile2:

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Joseph thanks for sharing the pics of your new boat. Awesome. Love the casting deck. Plenty of room to cast those nets. Enjoy.

13. jconna

jconna New Member

State:
    PA
    Nice looking boat Joe....Congrats and enjoy!

14. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Nice boat. You'll haul some hogs with it I'm sure.

15. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Nice boat Joe! I can't wait till I get out there next weekend and get out on the river with you and Shane.

16. River dog

River dog New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Sweet ride Joe! The center console is definately cool...

17. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Nice rig! If you ever want to put her through her paces call me. I am 1 1/2 hours west of Pittsburgh and have a 2072 side console same engine set up.

I love my SeaArk! When you figure out how to use a 997 CSI call me, I can't get it to look right..... might help if I read the manual lol!

18. River Hobo

River Hobo New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Nice Boat Joe. Good luck with her.
    You booking charters yet?