Got my NEW pair of Abu Garcia 'Blue Cat' reels today!!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    One word... S-W-E-E-T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fishes better watch out now!! :) My expenses are pretty much covered for this year, other than a 1500 yard spool of Power Pro 80#, and four more rod holders for my boat.
    BB in SC

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Here's a little temptation for ya. See pic.
    BB in SC

Attached Files:

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Man those are sweet looking Bill. I got you hooked up on 4 rod holders if you want. I will show them 2 you next week.

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    James, I am pretty much relegated to using the rod holders depicted in the pic below. The top fiberglass gunnel on my skiff is adequate for the boat, but kinda flimsy for rod holders. I am putting a 1/8 thick piece of aluminum plate that is wider and longer than the rod holder base that was supplied with them, under the base on top of the gunnel, and also another plate under the gunnel. It distributes the load of a big hit more effectively. That being said, the gunnel still will flex unless the rod holder is facing straight back parallel with the gunnel. I'm probably going to fabricate some fancy aluminum gussets to utilize in three or four places along each sidegunnel. If you have this type rod holder, let me know as I am otherwise going to buy six from my SC supplier for $50, shipping included.

Attached Files:

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey congrats on getting the very nice looking reels they look like them should do the work, I know it looks like you will be able to pull in the big ones with them things, good luck and keep us posted on how they work for you.

6. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I got one of the blue cat reels last week and spooled it up with 100 pound power pro and stuck it on my eagle glaw rod. It is a sweeet combo hope you like yours as much as I like mine. It will cast a country mile. I think I need to put those handles on all my abu's

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    a buddie of mine got a black cat. and i seen and held them. awesome. hope to get one someday. already have 7 abus though now.:smile2:

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Those are some great looking reels for sure! I love my Abu's

9. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    WHATS THE ABU # FOR THESE REELS? THERE FINE LOOKING WOULD LIKE TO GET TWO OF THEM:big_smile:

10. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    how much will these rods cost me???

11. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    Good For U Bill I know U Will Enjoy Them. They Will Last U For Many Years To Come. Hope U Brake Them IN Right With A Good Old Biggin.

PEEDEE CAT

12. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Catman4926, the reels come, I think exclusively, from Catfish Connection. Their stock # is AG6500BLU.
    captmarty: If you were referring to the price of the reels, I paid $192.50 for then pair, shipping included. I paid an extra $5 for them to rush them and they were here quicker thana cat can wink it's eye.
    Bill in SC

13. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    You can also get them at castawaylakes.com it is a pretty neat website.

14. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I had to wipe the drool from my mouth after lookin at your pictures! Thanks for sharing

15. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats New Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    It appears to be 6500/6600 with power handle. You can buy the power handle from Cabela's and add them to your 6500/6600 which I did.

16. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Unfortunately, the nut that holds the handle on was obviously stripped during factory assembly on one of them. I guess I will have to send it back. :-( The other one works like a champion.
    BB in SC

17. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Those are nice looking hog catchers there.

18. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The folks at Catfish Connection said they would have UPS pick the one with the stripped nut back up, and they would send me a replacement. NO charge, of course, but slightly inconvenient as it will be a week or so before the other one arrives.
    BB in SC

19. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats New Member

State:
    Lancaster,

Great customer service!

I will keep them in mind the next time I order something.

20. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I thought so too Indigo Flats. I will certainly continue to trade with them. They sent a big fat "wish" catalog with my order too!
    BB in SC