Got my new North-River mariner

Discussion in 'Boating' started by riverbud55, Jun 15, 2008.

1. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Picked up my new North-River "mariner" boat 2 weeks ago today:big_smile:, man all I can say its all I could every thought it was going to be like and more:wink:

First off I got to say a big thanks to my BOC fishn buddy BillyJo from AZ for making the 1600 mile journey to pick her up, thanks dude would have been a long trip without ya:0a31:. Got to say just one other thing Bill an myself got to see a quick peek of some of California's gold:wink: and I don't mean Hollyweird:crazy:

1st 2 pic's up at Lake Tahoe are with the travel tonneau cover and the 3rd is with the enclosure it was taken a the dealer the only time it was needed was out on the Sacramento River at 9am when testing it out

Attached Files:

2. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    the 1sts is the rear of the enclosure with out the door down

2nd is on the the Colorado river the only pic i got of her on the water man that top sure was nice out on the river keeping the 95* sun off of the top of you head:wink:

the 3rd is pic of one of CA's gold:wink: emerald bay Lake Tahoe

Attached Files:

3. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Dale thats one heck of a rig you have there..

Why did you go with the outboard instead of a inboard jet??

Just asking because i dont really know the differance in the two.

4. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Nice boat and setup, now all we need are some pics with some cats being caught out of it. Enjoy it brother!

5. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Tom the outboard leaves the inside open for fishing, inside of the rear there is an open space 6'3 wide on the floor and between the rails and between the front of the splash well and to the rear seats in there standard location is 5'10" . It is also easier to clean out the intake of all the river grass and reed, pick up the engine and use a boat hook the grab the junk from the intake with the hook and you done

Attached Files:

6. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Dale,

What a nice looking ride enjoy and catch some big'um's

7. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I see that now.WOW lots of room in the back of the boat.

Dale that is one fine boat.Make a trip to Kansas sometime i will go fish with you..:006:

8. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    The performance of the boat in shallow water is unreal:crazy: looks the boat drifts in about 10" of water with no oneon board and on step I'm guessing 6" with 2 people on board,forgot to turn on the depth finder going over the shallow stuff, just know went over the same spot a few days later when the water was 2' higher in the finder read 2'6":crazy:

got some more pic,s the first the bow to the rear the 2nd is the helm, the 3rd the slider seats and the full length shelf enough room for 5 or 6 combos per side

Attached Files:

9. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    As far as comfort goes from the inside fishing with 2 on the river is like nothing I have fished from before, kinda like the difference:big_smile: between a 68VW Bug and a Rolls , sitting in them suspended seats is like sitting in an easy boy:wink: when you put your feet up on the rear slider seats

pic of the rear facing flood light

pic of the bow and hatch for the fish box/ storage

Attached Files:

10. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    here is some pic's of the bottom the 1st pic is a look from the bow to the stern, you will notice the 14" flat bottom, this kinda acts like a big water ski and the boat rides on top of this at top speed and is why it can run the shallows, you can feel the boat balance out on it at speed, top speed so far is 30mph, may pick up a couple after brake in, may need to change out the impeller only getting about 4800 rpm at full throttle needs to be 500rpm plus more per Yamaha

The 2nd is a pic of the tunnel and how its blended with the flat of the bottom

the 3rd anouthe of CAs gold lake Sabrina in the Serria Nevada at 9000 ' look up to 14,000'

Attached Files:

11. woodchucker

woodchucker New Member

State:
    La Quinta,Ca
    Wow Dale,
    Very nice set up you got.That is whole lot more boat than when I seen you out on the water that one night.Do you still have your pontoon and other boat to?
    Billy

12. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Dale,
    Very happy for you. That looks like one heck of a rig. Enjoy...W

13. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    looks like a very nice boat

14. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    OH MAN!!!! That boat is SWEET..Looks like the custom weld boats..Maybe I will have one someday...:roll_eyes:

15. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    Nice boat Dale,congrats!!

16. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Thanks for posting up all those pics. Your boat is amazing! It is absolutely perfect for my style of fishing. I'd like to get one like it one day. I've just recently discovered these forward console designs like your boat and Custom Weld boats. Love 'em, just cost a pretty penny though.

Enjoy your boat!

17. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    I didnt know this boat existed....but I just bought an old tri haul and I swear this is exactly what I envisioned when done rehabbing. Wow!!!! Thanks so much for the pics. I love it! Whats the total length?