Got my money

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by beetle, Mar 6, 2007.

1. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well I got my money for the fur I sent in for the February NAFA sale. I wish I new what all their grading means on the sheet they sent for each fur. But As I stated before I learned a lot this past season and can not wait til next season. I hope the weather is better too It rained every day this past year it seemed. It looks like some of the prices went down from Jan. (coon & muskrat) and some went up (coyote & fox). Heres what I got...

[17] Coyote-avg $24.80 high [3] $43.00
    [92] Raccoon-avg $9.19 high [1] $23.00
    [4] Red Fox-avg $23.00 high [1] $42.00
    [1] Opossum-avg $4.00 high [1] $4.00
    [17] Muskrat-avg $6.60 high [3] $8.50

2. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Good job Beetle. Now it is time to reinvest your earning for next year. :big_smile: Over have of my money will go in to supplies and traps for next year. I keep thinking I will one day have all I need, but so far, I always find something else I feel I need.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congrats on the sale of your pelts . I think you got a reasonable return ,keep up the good work next season!!

4. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks guys! This was my first try at fleshing and stretching. I used to just skin them and sell them green locally. This year I did some reading and gave it a try. The furs towards the end of the season were by far done better than when I started, I learned a whole lot this year. This was also the first time selling to NAFA and bypassing the local buyer. Between now and next season my goal is to learn how to grade my furs so I do not waste time putting up furs that would sell in the green better. I saved the glands from my yotes and fox and hope to make some of my own lure for next year also. I can not wait till next season...