Got my George Jones tickets last night

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jerseycat9, Apr 21, 2007.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Cant wait now goin to see George Jones at the Georgia Mountain theater. I seen George once when I was 11 in Lancaster PA. Since he is getting up in his years now I dont think I will have many more chances to see him live. May 12th is right around the corner I am so lookin forward to this

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    In that you enjoy the old classic Country Music. George Jones Tammy Wynette,Waylon Jennings,all those old country singers. Now that's what i call music. And lets not forget"Hello I'm Johnny Cash" He and his wife June Carter Cash boy they could really belt their voices out there!! Remember "I'm goin to Jackson?" Loved it then still do!!:big_smile:

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Terry,

You will LOVE seeing him. Don't forget to take your camera.

Enjoy!
    Cheryl

P.S.

If you can make it to Knoxville to the TN Theater by 8PM, ANSWER NOW. Lucinda Williams blast starting then. Actually there is another opening act, of Carrie Rodriquez or something........so she probably won't go on until around 10PM

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Guess some lucky person at the Theater that doesn't have a ticket will get it.

I tried, y'all.

Take care.
    Cheryl

5. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey Cheryl Im sorry I misunderstood your post about the tickets. I did not mean to sound indiferent about your post by not responding I hadnt a clue as to whether you were offering them to me tonight or what was the case. I hope ya have a great time as for me my wings are clipped for the night Im on babysitting detail LOL I hope someone who deserves those tickets gets it

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Terry,

That's ok. I tried to give it away to Catgirl/Tanya, too, but she must have had to work. I posted in the SOC, if anyone wanted it to let me know within an hour, but actually gave them an a couple of hours, then I offered them to you.

No problem, it will go in my ticket stubs, only it's a complete ticket. After eating at Pueleo's, we arrived around 9:30 ish, I think. Heck I don't know, I was just the chauffeur. LOL.

She rocked the refurbished TN Theater. Although it was a blue hair, elderly crowd, there were still 2 women who hooped and hollered, you know, Southern style. She is from Louisiana, and was in Knoxville. I just discovered her music last year on the Mountain Stage Show out of Charleston, WbyGodVa. It was probably around this time of year. When I thought to look to see if she was playing near here, she was overseas, so I sorta forgot to look again until the first of the year. Found her playing, bought tickets, 1 reneged and I was stuck because we arrived so late. Heck, who cares? Not me, it was a great show and wasn't even sold out, which has to be weird for her. She is more famous overseas than here, from what I have read.

Take care.
    Cheryl