Got my fox back yesterday

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by 223Smitty, Jun 22, 2006.

1. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I caught a beautiful red this past season, in a 220 trail set (for coon). I must have "spooked" her when I rode-up on my 4wheeler, because she was still warm when I got there (and this was when it was freezing out).

There wasn't 1 speck of dirt or 1 single burr on her, which really suprised me. I had it tanned for a wallhanger, with the feet left on.

Smitty

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/223smitty/Trapping%20Pics/IM001697.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/223smitty/Trapping%20Pics/IM001698.jpg

2. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Thats one pretty pelt. Congrats.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Very nice brother, thanks for sharing.

4. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I don't know much about trapping but that is a beauty fur. The first picture looks so good I can almost feel my fingers on the soft.

5. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Thats a nice bright red one. Congrats.......

6. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    shes a good one smitty. now im goin to have to get one to keep up with yea! lol

7. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    looking great keep the stories comming they are nice to hear.

8. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Looks good.
    I always wondered why people did not tan a beaver and then stretch it back over a beaver stretcher the round kind and sell them.
    Always though they looked good hanging on the wall like that. And bet they would bring good cash.
    Pete

9. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    thats a nice fox, congrats

10. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Brother that a great looking hide.

:big_smile_2:

:cat:

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Very,Very nice smitty.Thanks for sharing!!!

12. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    Boy yeah thats a nice red. Doesn't look like he has any grey on the rump area. We make some nice foxe's in indiana, to bad we don't have many gray's around.

13. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Smitty nice hoosier fox. we have more grays around coal city thn reds. I have seen 4 reds in he last week around the outside loop of Indianapolis. Whats the deal wih the all of a sudden ?

14. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Looks great Smitty. I personally have never caught a red. Caught quite a few grays. We have very few reds around here. Maybe one of these days I will run into one. I sure would like to see your house. I bet you have some hides on the wall.

15. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks everyone......it is a beautiful fox, which is the exact reason I had it tanned. Now I can look at it always.....and never have to feed it (or scoop-up after it :crazy: )

Pete, I also have a beaver I caught last year that I tanned myself, and am going to make a "primitive" stretcher for it as a wallhanger.

Beaver are stretched on hoops, or nailed-out in a round or oval pattern on plywood.

Thanks
    Smitty

16. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lol, that'd be a trick....since I live in a barn :wink: (seriously), and am kicking-around some ideas on redoing the inside living-quarters......lol, I'll just say it'll be "rustic" with fur, traps, and the likes.

Shortbus & Catseeman- The coyote population has increased greatly in the past years, mainly because they have few natural predators, outside of man. A hi coyote population manytimes makes way for a lower fox population.

I can recall seeing a grey, red, and silver fox, all on the same property I used to rent years ago.

Smitty

17. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    congrats smitty, thats a nice red fox brother.