Got my first squirrel w/ my new gun

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by TX Fisherman, Jan 2, 2007.

1. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    heres my first squirrel with my new daisy power line 901. took it down with a BB.

Attached Files:

2. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    wow, way to go! ya musta hit it in the eye? did ya eat it? Yum Yum!

3. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    i got another one after that about the same size.. does anyone know any good recipes for squirrel?

4. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    cook them just like chicken. or my personal favorite squirrel stew(meat, taters, creamy mushroom soup, carrots, and whatever else you got around). nothing beats squirrel and dumplings either:smile2:

congrats on the kill

5. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    one bb? shoot must be a nice gun that daisy. i got his ole crossman and it took about 15 bbs just to get a dang squirell to drop. congrats on the tasty treat

6. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    squirrel and dumplings or fried squirrel are like a brother in law you like- they are hard to beat!
    one thing though, you can't shoot squirrels in tx with an air rifle. be careful, man!
    jordan

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    yep illegal here too. watch yourself. illinois its unlawful to take game with an air rifle.

me and my son are going out this weekend.:cool2:

8. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    O, dang thats a huge mistake, glad u told me. THANKS!!! u can trap them though right? and grackles/pigeons, are they legal to take with an air rifle?

9. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    you can kill starlings, sparrows and pigeons (feral rock doves, as the state calls em) anytime, and with an air rifle. grackles, or blackbirds of any kind, have to be concentrated in a number that makes them a nuisance to shade trees, crops, or a health risk. to me, any of the above mentioned birds' very presence is enough of a nuisance to get shot by me! one more thing is if you are in city limits, most cities or towns have ordinances against shooting airguns in town. a way you might get around that is to ask the local police if you can shoot in your own backyard with a proper backstop. here in amarillo, they have an ordinance like that, and the police never bothered me killing starlings in my backyard, as long as i was in the backyard.
    one more thing i recommend you do is go to any sporting goods store that sells hunting/fishing stuff, and pick you up an outdoor annual. they're free, and they contain all the regulations for hunting and fishing you need, so you won't find something is illegal when a game warden or sherriff is knocking on your door! hope this helps!