Got my early Christmas presents!!!

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by sherlockian, Dec 7, 2007.

1. sherlockian

sherlockian New Member

State:
    Alabama
    My wife decided to let me have the gifts that she and the kids had gotten me a little early. My stepfather and I are heading to Guntersville Lake on Sunday night for a couple of days and nights of catfishing. My wife decided I could probably use them then. As I was watching a little Gunsmoke, they came in with a couple of gifts, wrapped in old fishing magazine covers. With much excitement, I tore the wrapping off to discover 2 Berkley Glowsticks and 2 Abu Reels. One is an 8' MH with an AG 6600 C4 spooled with Big Game 25#, the other is a 7' M with an AG 5600 C4 MAG spooled with 17#. I was simply amazed that they were able to get these without my asking(I think they talked with a couple of my fishing buddies). I have been using a couple of Ugly Sticks with Guide Series reels, but have been wanting to get a couple of Glowsticks. My wife knows that I am an Abu nut(have 42 reels in my collection), so she went and picked the reels out herself. I thank God every day and count my blessings that I have a wife and family that support my enjoyment of fishing.

I'll try to get a few pics posted in the next few days.

2. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    Sounds to me like you have one fine family there.

3. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Congrats on the loving family and the new gear. You have a good wife. Now you have to play catch up with her gift in a few weeks. They have set the bar pretty high. :big_smile: Enjoy your trip and the new rods and reels.

4. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Enjoy your new gear. You have a nice family enjoy them also.

5. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Congrats GREGORY on the new ABU's,let us know how the first trip goes. Great and thoughtful wifes are one of a kind, cause I have one to.

6. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Congrats brother, sure hope you got her a great gift as well. Hope to get me a wife like that some day!

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats, I hope you enjoy your new gear.

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    NO OFFENCE BUT ALL OF THAT IS JUST PLAIN COOOOOL!:cool2:

9. caveman

caveman New Member

State:
    va
    congrats, not only did she pick out the right reels but spooled them with the right line too!!:big_smile:

a keeper for sure.

i got a early gift too, waterproof bibs and jacket.

the pressure is on now, i definately have to get her the right gift..

vaughn

10. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Congrats Greg, may you be blessed with many PB fish in your future brother!!!:big_smile:

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great Family and great gifts. They can adopt me for next christmas. Enjoy and congrats.

12. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    What a good Christmas present. I'm a Abu fan myself. I don't have as big a collection as you do, but I'm catching up. LOL Do you suppose your wife could talk to mine? LOL
    Hope you catch a bunch. Later Andy

13. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    wow great gift enjoy them.god bless the family

14. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Sweet gift man! I'm keeping my fingers crossed I might something like that from the woman:wink:

15. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well now, that is just a right nice story, Congrats on the new equipment, It truly is great to have family like that. Now just make sure ya break them in the right way, hope ya stick a new PB! Have a safe trip.
    Randy

16. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    that is wonderful! Im glad that you got exactly what you wanted. That is what Im pushing for this year, getting my husband want he wants and its getting me all tickled thinking about him opening them!!! :smile2:

Props to your wife and kids. :wink:

17. Zebco 33

Zebco 33 New Member

State:
    Illinois
  18. sherlockian

sherlockian New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks for the replys. Yes I am truly blessed in many ways.
    Well I just got back from Guntersville, we had to cut our trip a little short(only about 6 hours). We had a good fishing trip, no PB, but alot of cats and carp. This unseasonable warm peak had the fishes biting well. The new rods and reels were great. I'll be posting a fishing report and rod review hopefully tomorrow.

19. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Gregory,
    Congrats on the great gifts. I like the Abu reels also, they are great. Have been wanting some of the Glowsticks myself. They are a great rod too. Enjoy and catch a biggin. rspd507

20. farmer

farmer Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Congrats on the new tackle. Hope they bring you many a catfish.