Got my catfishing RV!

Discussion in 'Capt Steve's RV and Camping Talk' started by Wvawitrado, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Hey guys well im happy as a clam today considering I got my 1978 "georgia boy" with 66k allison overdrive tranny, dodge 440 big block, 6.5k watt ONAN gen, ROOF PERFECT!, and everything works it was a steal for 900$!!!!!! I put new batteries in and now am going to start on the bells and whistles....Any suggestions on what to do after you bought an RV like things to clean(obviously the b-room) but any help or tips would greatly be appreciated im ready to roll!!!!!!!

2. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    Well were is the pictures of your treasure. Check all the vents areas for your heater, refridgator, and A/c for mud dobber nest, they are pesty little devils.

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Sweet deal, sounds like a hoss!

Post pictures when you can :wink:

4. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    I will post them tomm I stared at her too long it got dark last night:smile2::smile2:...Thanks for your reply im happy as heck about her shes old but she is my old baby!!!! PAID FOR! LOL

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Congrats on the new RV Jordan.:wink:

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Just check out all the systems: water, ac, stove, oven, fridge, etc. If you can do it without too much trouble, hook your generator to a half gallon jug of gasoline and see how long it runs. That way, you can get a handle on what it costs to run it when you're not in a campground. Mine uses a little over 1/2 gallon per hour. Pull all the cushions out, inspect them for worn/rotten spots, and let them air out in the sun for a day or two. Check the holding tank to see if it's empty, or if it has something in it. If there's anything in it, I'd dump in a gallon of bleach, then fill it with water and let it set at least a day or two. By the time you drive it somewhere you can dump it, it should have washed everything loose so you can start out with a clean tank. Whether or not you have to empty it now, you need to check out the drain valve. They're not expensive, and an old valve that's hard to open and close is a real bummer. Go over the tires very carefully, including the tires, checking for worn spots, bulges, and cracks in the sidewalls. What size rims do you have on it? If they're 16.5", tires are going to be hard to find. I've been looking for some decent used tires that size at a decent price for almost a year now. Starting to look for such tires a couple of years before you actually need them isn't too unreasonable. Getting into a position where you have to pay whatever someone wants to charge for tires, or missing out on some trips isn't pleasant. I'm actually thinking seriously of changing my wheels over to 16" rims if I can find a set.

7. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    2 words:

"Cool!":big_smile:
    :0a23:
    &
    "Yes"!
    :wink:

8. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Pictures are on the way of my hog!!!! I mean HOSS!(paul) lol I should have them up here in fifteen or twenty I cant wait to meet some of the brothers on here im going to be making roadtrips often and well TOO CATFISH!!!! LOL

9. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    im having trouble with the picture hold on

10. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Congrats Jordan! I can't wait to check her out in person. Hope to be able to ride with ya up north some day and the King river for Salmon!

Jaime

11. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Yeah when we going to hook up and fish bro? I still have that rain check you gave me!:wink::smile2: LOL

12. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Hope you get lots of great camping trips out of it. Sure will be nice to use while fishing.
    Pete

13. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Thanks brother I hope so too I have not really got to own much stuff in my time yet and this RV is a little assurance that im making my way through life!

14. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    Congratulations! Enjoy it they are fun! sure makes it easy to go places and stay a few days. A couple of things to check:

Smoke Detector
    Carbon Monoxide Detector

Also sometimes the oven becomes difficult to start after sitting because it gets air in the lines turn the dial up full blast and try and light it if it does not light close and re-open several time to get the air out of the lines. The propane will eventually pump its way through lines and push the air out of the lines. Then it will work as designed.
    Also make wide right turns:wink: . Oh almost forgot check the fuse box know where it is located in the rig. Sometimes places you stay have dirty power and it trips your breaker. Better to look and see where it is before you're somwhere on a trip.
    Have fun and enjoy it!

15. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    I dont know why I cant get pics up...I will keep trying...

16. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    I was planning on going holoween weekend but Robb, told me Mendota Sleugh is closed. He also told me the fishing would be better once the water level drops. As soon as I get the go ahead from Robb, I am so there bro.
    Your RV will be perfect for the Colorado River bro. If you ever make up that way, let me know and I wiil, meet you there.

Jaime

17. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    Email them to me and I'll host them for you.
    steve93612@comcast.net

18. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on the purchase. I have been eyeballing some campers myself, but I think I will get one that goes in the back of my truck

19. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Well, I don't know anything about em, but I'd recommend rod racks and place to store fishing gear, and the ice chest.