GOT MY BIGGEST FISH YET!

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by catfishingricky, Aug 22, 2009.

1. catfishingricky

catfishingricky Member

State:
    kentucky
    PUT IN AT 10:30 AM. TODAY (GREENWOOD BOAT DOCKS) WENT TO MY SPOT WERE I GET MY MOONEYE COULD'NT CATCH ONE WENT AND TRIED SOME OTHER PLACES THAT LOOKED LIKE THEY WOULD BE THERE BUT STILL NOTHING WHILE LOOKING FOUND THE SHAD BUT I DID'NT HAVE MY CAST NET SO I HAD TO DRIVE BACK TO THE BOAT RAMP AND GO BACK TO MY HOUSE AND GET IT WHILE MY BUDDY STAYED WITH THE BOAT GOT MY NET WENT BACK AND CAUGHT AT LEAST 50 SHAD IN 30 MIN. SOME WERE 12 INCHES FISHED LOWER DAM FOR 1:30 MIN. NO BITES SO I MOVED TRY A FEW OTHER SPOTS BUT STILL NOTHING WENT DOWN TO MY SPOT WERE I CAN ALWAYS CATCH ONE FIRST FISH FLAT HEAD 11# SECOND FISH FLAT HEAD 14# BOTH WERE CLOSE TO THE BANK 18 - 20 FEET DEEP THRID FISH BIG BLUE 23 # 20 FEET DEEP OUT CLOSE TO BARGE LANES CAUGHT ALOT OF FLAT HEADS 5 - 8 # 2 CHANNELS AROUND 5 # OVER ALL IT WAS A GOOD DAY:big_smile:

2. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    we (my dad and my son and I) are going to try a little drifting behind cannelton dam early in the morning. hope we have a little of what you were getting into. sounds like you got a nice freezer mess to me.:cool2:congrads on your catch!!!!

3. Raven Blayde

Raven Blayde New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like you had one heck of a good day!! Keep it up!! :smile2:

4. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    nice! Dont you love it when a plan comes together? :big_smile:

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Rick i bet from now on you will put the castnet in the boat before you leave home :wink::smile2: Glad yall had a good time on your fish'n trip

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Rick thanks for sharing your fishing trip with us. Congrats on the PB. WTG.

7. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Rick, first of all...Welcome To The BOC. Sounds like you had a frustrating start to your day but had a great finish! Nothing better than catching a big ole blue cat :big_smile:. I hope the river down here is going to settle down. This morning she looks less muddy and more of a blue-green shade. I'm going out Friday..:tounge_out: so send some of those kitties downstream for me.

Linda