Got me a new used truck today

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by crusinman2002, Sep 11, 2007.

1. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    just picked me up a truck today to replace the 76 k-10, its a 99 dodge ram 1500 4x4 with the 5.9L, got it right before work, and now that i'm off i was able to get a pic of it.

Attached Files:

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Congrats..looks like a clean truck. Good luck with it...:big_smile:

mike

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Kenneth I have the 98 model of that truck same color and I love the way it handles and pulls. The weakest link on that truck is the tranny. Even if you don't pull heavy loads put a transmission cooler on it any way and service the tranny regular it can't stand a whole lot of heat.

4. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    thanks for the heads up, just went out and checked and its got a tranny cooler already installed, the guy that owned it before me used it for pulling a gooseneck trailer, still got the goosneck ball and wiring plug in the bed, its a real clean truck, the only blemish is a dent in the top of the tailgate, and a couple small scratches on the side, but they ain't bad at all

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kenneth congrats on the truck change. You will probably see a big difference in gasoline consumption. I imagine that S10 was good on gas. Truck looks good. I hope it does the job for you.:big_smile:

6. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Congratulations Kenneth. I got me a new truck this past Saturday (for my wife anyway). i havent taken any pics of it yet, but it looks sharp. '05 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS, Competition orange, Crew Cab, 6 inch lift with 35" tires, 4wd. i will post some pics when i get some. once again congratulations and let us know how she handles.

7. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    haven't been able to pull the boat with it yet, but the truck itself handles real nice, its quiet and smooth goin down the road. its got the 7 pin connector on it, but no 4 pin, so i'm goin to put a 4 pin on it, got one in the garage, doin that tonight so that i can pull the boat around a little bit to see how she handles with that, should be alright though

8. Skunk River Cat

Skunk River Cat New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nice looking truck. Congrats.

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Run down to Autozone and get one of those universal connectors.
    You can plug most anything into anything with one of those without doing any wiring at all.

10. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Kenneth you can get the reducer at wal mart that slides right into the 7 pin and steps it down to a 4 pin.

11. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    thats what i'm prolly goin to do, i had to measure it out, which i did on lunch, cause the connector is facing the hitch ball, and there isn't much space in there, but the adapter should fit, pickin one up 2morrow