Got me a new prime mover...

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by BKS72, Mar 16, 2008.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I totalled my blazer, and then was pulling the boat with the wife's minivan (not the most "manly" boat-puller, but what are ya gonna do:smile2:) Blew a head gasket in the ol' minivan last week.

A buddy of mine called and his dad was getting rid of a '93 S10 blazer with a 6 in it for a little bit of nothing, so I picked it up. I need to put a hitch on it and it's ready to go. I'm only 30 minutes from about 3 ramps, so as long as the little guy can hack 2 hours a week pulling the boat, it should be fine:smile2:

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Sorry to hear about the vehicle woes Branden. I'm sure you'll find a way to get the rig hauled around. Blazers are good vehicles. I'm sure it will do the job just fine.

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    No big deal, the one I totalled was insured and the van has over 200K on it, so it's not like I didn't get my use out of them:smile2: I'm just too cheap to make payments on something that's going to smell like dead shad a week after I get it:wink: I have enough free rental days from travelling that I'll use those to pick up a truck to haul the rig over East when I want to fish the Miss.

A buddy of mine will do the head gasket on the van for cheap, I'll probably get it fixed and either use it for a trade or keep it as a spare boat-puller:cool2:

4. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    how come it smells like dead shad ? LOL :smile2:

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Anything I take fishing for some reason either starts to smell like shad or some other dead fish species:wink: I'm thinking this thing may undergo carpet-removal surgery after it gets the hitch on it, just to make it easier to hose out after a muddy trip to the river.:wink:

6. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    You ever try keeping a bucket full of shad alive in a car? :0a1:

Sorry to hear about the vehicle problems Brandon, but it sounds like you have it under control.

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Don't gorget to drill hole in the floor to let the water out, that way you don't need to go the extra time to use a shopvac to dry it out, LOL!!! 1" holes should do fine:wink:!!!!

8. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    That's what I'm thinkin' - easy to clean and drains nice and easy:smile2: I can't seem to find any vehicles these days with the old vinyl interior like you could get in the old '70s pickups. Those were GREAT - hose 'em out and leave the doors open and let them dry:big_smile:

It's not so much keeping them alive in the car. I catch bait in a little lake here by the house, throw them in a 5 gal. bucket, and drive them home to put in either the livewell or bait tank. Every now and then a lid comes off the bucket and I wind up with fishy water drenching the carpet or one flops out and I don't find them for awhile:eek:oooh:

I've been looking for something like this for awhile - cheap, good on gas, and beat up enough I don't feel bad using for a fishing/hunting/generally hard life vehicle but mechanically sound. It's also old enough I can still work on it:smile2:

9. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    I dont know branden ,better buy my truck so you can pull it over to mississippi river:wink:

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey you have that boat done yet?:wink:
    Fellas I bet he aint got the boat done yet and it looks to me like hes already pulled her to thy river a couple times:smile2::tounge_out::wink:

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Brandon PM me if ya need a hitch. Ain't sure of model # but it is a reciever hitch and can be made to fit anything with a torch an welder. May just bolt on. I can UPS it to ya if need be.