Got me a flathead catfish!

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by Flatheadhunter33, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Hey everybody, I just wanted to tell you all about our night last friday. I wanted to post this thread yesterday but I was at work all day on duty so here goes...My oldest son, my fishing buddy and myself took some new folks out with us to a local canal and introduced them to catfishing. We started the evening out with my son showing everyone how to catch blue gill. You all should have seen him, made me very proud:big_smile: ! After we got some gills we moved down the canal next to a spill way and set up for the night. After sitting there for what seemed like hours, just chatting and drinking some beers, our new guests were way past restless and wanted to see some action and, as if on cue, one of my poles almost got snatched into the water. I ended up pulling in my first flathead of the year! After I pulled that one in, my other pole took a hit but by the time I got to it the line was broken. Stupid me, I left the drag all the way on:roll_eyes: ... One of the new guys got a hit also but the fish ran for some brush and tangled him up. Now he's hooked on catfishing too:big_smile: ! All the hits came on cut blue gill. I took some pics. Hope they can be downloaded right.

2. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Sorry everybody, I could not post the pics of the flathead because they are too big? I took them on the lowest setting of the camera. If anyone knows how I can edit them to make them smaller I'll post em. Thanks and sorry.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

congrats on bringing in new fishermen and sorry you lost some fish.

4. Stainless

Stainless Member

State:
    Ft Smith, AR
    You can edit the photo in MS Paint. You can find it in accessories or just right click the picture and open with Paint. Once Paint is open, go to image, sketch/skew and then change the percentage to 50% or 25% on each one. Just keep the percent changes the same on vertical and horizontal or it will deform the picture.

5. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    thanks. I emailed them to bkhollan. He said that he was going to try to edit them and post em for me. if he cant do it I will try it out. thanks again.

6. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sounds like a good time & you gotta nice fish outta the deal.....it don't get no better than that!

Congrats!
    Smitty

7. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    Fine looking Flattie! A tasty morsel, yah he'll do. Congratulations on a nice fish. Get back and see if his Greaaaat Grandpa is looking for him.
    Don

8. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I'll tell ya what ever hit my second pole must have had some nice size on it because it yanked my pole clean out of the holder! There are also some big stripers in that canal so there's no telling what it was. I plan to go back to that spot this friday.