Got me a double today!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by fnddragn, Oct 8, 2009.

1. fnddragn

fnddragn New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Went to a local lake here and started to fish for crappie with good old red worms. Cat my float to the edge of the stick-ups and pulled out a 12 inch channel cat. So I went on down to the flat where I had caught some cats before. Nothing, I trolled and cast, and sat and waited still nothing. I used chicken livers, Secret-7, worms, not one nibble. After two hours I figured that I might as well head to shore for a potty break and lunch. I've always been able to get something from shore. So I set up a rig with worms and another one with S-7, clipped them both to the same snap swivel and cast it out. Hell, I didn't even get the cooler open before I had a good hit. Brought it in and there was one on one hook and another one on the other. They were hitting on worms so I fished the rest of the day with what few I had. After running out of the good stuff, I decided to try a piece of a bass worm with salt in it. Broke off a section about two inches long and run it on to a hook, dipped it into good old S-7 and let it fly. Guess the plastic was softer the the Looper Rig and got 3 more before they stopped biting. Nothing over two pounds but it made my day.
    dave

2. catin38

catin38 New Member

State:
    alabama
    sounds like u had a great time:wink:

3. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Can,t beat two at a time!:cool2:

4. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    A 2-fer,, Awesome,, and, looks like it was definitely worth it to be persistent and patient..

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dave congrats on a good day of catching. WTG.

6. 7mmmag1

7mmmag1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thats awesome, Ive caught a quite a few striper and sandbass combos but no catfish combos yet

7. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    sounds like a good day of fishing:big_smile: