Got me a boat

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by 600lbs, Jun 12, 2006.

1. 600lbs

600lbs New Member

State:
    gardner kansas
    got my first boat 12 john boat v bottom needs a lil work but for 200 buk good buy i think two mortors a 4 and 9 hp i really dont know a darn thing about boats i have aways been a shore fisher lol

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Good for you , Christopher!! You'll have more fun & catch more fish fishing from a boat, but you'll spend tons more $$$ on it for goodies & such. But that's ok! Hope that you enjoy it a bunch :big_smile:

3. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    Congrats! enjoy, now you have had one of the two greatest days a boatowner can ever have!!
    I'll let the second one surprise you:big_smile:

4. Catfisher

Catfisher New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good goin' on the boat, Chris.

Now, get ready for the rest of the fun...catching the fishies. Here Kitty kitty!.

Pictures?

Gary

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Be Patient And Don't Underestimate The Body Of Water That You Are On. Respect The Water & You'll Be Okay. You could also look into a boating class, as I am sure your state offers them. Here is Ohio they are or at least used to be free.

6. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Chris,
    Congratulations on the new boat. The fishing world just got a lot bigger for you. As always keep safety first. Your next purchase needs to be a couple of life vest. I would suggest taking a safe boating course too. Most Game and Fish departments off the course for free and they really enlighten you as to things to be aware of.

I do want to say one other thing. The fish are in trouble now. Chris can chase them down!!!!!!

7. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    Chris.......way to go, thats about what I stated with some 30 or more years ago.Now you'll get this one fixed up and ready for cattin and u will get 2foot iddiss next year,and want more power. i'm up to 21' and gettin ready to step up to 24'.Anyway welcome to the boatin world..:tounge_out: keep ur nose to the wind ur powder dry and ur hull wet.

8. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Hey Chris hope you enjoy your boat once you use it you want go back to bank fishing.

:0a23: :0a22: :001: :0a17: :happy: :happy: :happy:

:cat:

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Welcome to the wonderfull world of mobility! LOL! Good luck with it.

10. OsageCountyCatman

OsageCountyCatman New Member

State:
    Osage City, KS
    Congrats on the boat, bought my 12' John boat 3 years ago and love it.

Go get yourself some boating classes. I know someCoast Guard Auxilliary guys in the area who can get you setup with some boating classes. Send me a PM and I'll put you together.

As far as motors, go with the boat manufacturer states on the registration plate. My 12' Jon is rated for 7hp but yours is a Vhull it -might- be rated higher. I've got an old 6hp Johnson but I only use it for fast moving water. Most of the time I use a 44lb trolling motor and it's got plenty of move for me for the creeks and small water fishing I do.

11. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Get yourself a manual on the motor you have, will save you a lot of aggravation and money.

12. 600lbs

600lbs New Member

State:
    gardner kansas
    thanks 4 the info and soon i will do some fishing after i fix some stuff

13. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Chris;
    CONGRATS!:smile2: on your boat. I see that you already have several posts from other BOC Brothers and Sisters.
    One thing I would suggest to you, outside of the other good suggestions you have gotten already is to never be afraid to ask/post for help from your BOC "Bro's and Sis's". They will always help you to the best of their individual abilities and will not knowingly tell you anything wrong!
    In the short time I've been a member my knowledge has been more than tripled from the help of those BOC members that jumped right in and helped me out just for the asking.
    You will find this out for yourself as time passes.
    For now, CONGRATS Again.
    "Walk In Peace"
    Cordially,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Message]]]]]