Got Me a Big Tiller

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by oh no, Mar 13, 2008.

1. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have been looking at lazy man tillers. I have several front tine ones from 1 and 1/2 HP to 9 HP. Those big ones have not bothered me much, but lately, I must be getting old because they beat me to death. LOL

I have been wanting a big rear tine one. Something that will do the job. Well I have been watching Ebay and doing some bidding. I finally got one that my old butt can even take a break on.

Well I drove down to Southern Illinois and picked her up yesterday. Just unloaded it this morning. Boy is this mini tractor is sweet. Ingersoll bought out Case. This is all American Made. :sweat: :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

If my rider dies, I can use it to mow grass too.

:smile2::smile2:

My garden just got bigger. LOL

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150221215973&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=005

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Enjoy it and have fun.
    I cut my garden up today. And will plant some onions and stuff today :big_smile:
    I hope to get a 7ft tiller for my Kubota 4700 tractor in a year or so.
    Pete
    Pete

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I use the Troy-Built 6 hp......I wish I had bought the 8 hp.....My father-in-law has one and it kick some dirts butt.

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    It looks sweet, Jim. Your a brave man though, buying from eBay member with feedback of "1". Glad it worked out for ya.

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    that is sweet & a multi use tool, u'll get alot of gardening done now

6. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Everyone starts with zero on Ebay. I did too. That one feedback was ME, LOL. It was zero with less than 30 days on Ebay, when I started bidding. LOL Maybe I have too much trust in my fellow man, I would just as soon Have Faith, as not Have Faith in my fellow man..

My boy and I went somewhere in Kansas next to Oklahoma to pick up a motorcycle he bought on Ebay. We stopped at some small restaurant, in the middle of no where. I asked my boy if he noticed anything different, He Didn't. We had parked at the back of the parking lot, and I said look at the cars we were walking by, 3/4 of them had the keys in the ignition. lol Thats trust.

In Northern Indiana we would lose my truck, next to a restaurant, but not there. lol I'm a bad one for leaving my keys in the ignition. My truck in the yard has them in it, my tractors have them in them, and my boat does too.

One of the many things I love about TN and KY in the LBL, where we fish is, No one messes with your stuff. If you come into my camp, my keys are in the boat and my truck. Those folks down there are honest.

I go to an auction in Walkerton, Indiana and I will leave my keys in the truck there. That way if someone needs to move my truck they can. I hate to be in someone else's way.

Oh by the way, That outfit that put that mini tractor up was, Kuhns Equipment in Taylorville, Illinois. I guess they have 3 spots/dealerships. Kabota/MasseyFergeson etc. I got a good deal.

The guy that delivered/got it from, looked it up on their computer. They were asking 3500, the next line down had what they had in it. It was 2750. I said hey, you probably made that up with profit on the unit they took it on trade . He told me that after all the figuring was done they had 2750 in it. LOL

Them folks have at least 30 real nice used outfits. Kabotas, Grasshoppers, Dixie weed Choppers, Cub Cadets, John Deeres and etc. They got a lot of used ones, plus New ones.

I'm tooooooooooo POOR to afford a new one. I do not want an easy payment plan on a lawnmower. Boy those Kabotas are nice. And you will need an easy payment plan. LOL Some new cars are cheaper than a Kaboto or Massey Ferguson lawn tractor.

If anyone lives close to that outfit, I'm not trying to be a commercial, but they are nice folks. Corner of Highway 29 and Highway 48.

:wink::wink::wink:

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Looks like you got a great deal on that one.
    I bought the Kubota with a Loader when We had cows. Got rid of the cows and still have the tractor. Its a 1999 model. And Has a total of 560 hours on it. Its a 47 HP.
    But looks like that little tractor of yours is just perfect for a garden.
    Pete

8. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey folks it's 50 degrees and I tried that tiller out. It took me a while to figure how to get that mower off. [ mover lowered when 3 point hitch lowered.] Man I used it on our early garden and went over our asparagus. We have a patch about 20' x 75'. Boy it put the old stalks down, right now. And it is perfectly level. I can't do that with a hand tiller. It would leave wheel marks.

I went to town to Lowe's and got all there ammonia. all 10 - 1/2 gallon jugs and a sprinkling can, so I can give my sawdust and horse manure piles a boost. Spring is in the air today. LOL Snow is all melted. I just might put in a few rows of parsnips this afternoon. My wife wnd I love them fried in butter. Yum Yum