Got lucky( I think)

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Jul 13, 2008.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    or at least I hope I did.Last Earlier in the week I week I was out of town and had my pickup parked up at Hannibal,Mo. Anyway they had to heck of a flash flood and yep my poor ole truck was in the water.Got a phone call about it .anyway they said that it was half way up on the doors.
    Hopefully nothing got hurt .Had to drain all the water and oil out of the rearend. Gonna put oil back in today ,drive it for awhile and see what happens. Wish I could of gotten some pictures of it.Didn't hurt the inside any .Just started getting inside of the cab so seats didn't get wet.So I feel that I was really lucky.Could of been a whole lot worse.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like you got real lucky. Well I hope your luck continues and you go out and catch some real nice fish.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You might want to check the tranny for water too,John. I would say if it didnt get into the engine,You are very lucky indeed.

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Check the oil in the Tranny and it seems to be ok. Least wise the oil isn't milky looking like the rearend oil was.
    And no it didn't get up to the engine so am hoping for the best.

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Getting ready to head for the river banks abit later.Hopefully something out there will be getting hungry.