Got it .

Discussion in 'Boating' started by catfisherman369, Aug 28, 2009.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

Nashville Il.
    Drove 2 hours one way today to get that 18 ft. jon for 475.00 with trailer . I was shocked at how wide it was , almost 6 ft. Turns out I got it for 425.00 it is in need of a paint job and some work . Anyone got any ideas how to get the paint off it ? I was thinking a wire wheel .
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  2. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

Tallahassee, Fl
    Those make good cat boats i got one kinda like it but mine is 14 ft but cool deal:wink::cool2:

3. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

Central Iowa
    That looks much better than I would have hoped. I'd look into some stripper. There are some nicer ones on the market than there used to be.
  4. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

Topeka, Kansas
    I'll give you $500 for it. :roll_eyes:

That is going to make a great set up for you. As for the paint this is what I did, I kicked on my power washer and hit it real good and focusing on the bad spots real well. If you have a power washer use a real agressive head. I then took a foam sanding block to the areas that had paint peeling and feathered the edges till the paint no longer flaked and it was feathered in good. I then mixed up a bacth of self etching primer and painted the boat, that was followed up with the color coat.
  5. APD1146

APD1146 New Member

New York
    I just hosed mine down with a garden hose scrubbed with a stiff brush and washed again. Let it dry and sprayed the thing which was green, with white spray paint. 10 years later it is still holding.
    By the way a really great buy. Good luck to use with it.