Got into some fish

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Welder, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mooneye was the bait they was hammeren. Got 4, 1 20lb, 2 about 10lb, 1 about 4lb. Lota bites gar prolly. Was fishen the mouth of the gasconad being the waters high and the MO a mess. Gasconade wasent much better whole trees and drift pack commen down. Anchored in behind the railroad bridge on the east side on the big flat. Was the only protected spot to fish. Had somthen nail a 12inch live mooneye on the broomstick, he tore off clicker screamen headed for the east bank. Threw the lever on the 309 and hauled back drag went to given, had em on for 30 sec and the hook popped:sad2:. That was gooden. Takes a good fish to pull the drag on the ol 309. Had a blast fishen till 2am. Waters 6 to 7 ft deep in the parkinglot. Have to launch off the road.

2. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    Nice: glad you had a good day.
    same happen to me in Kentucky
    2 fish reeled in half way to boat
    hook came out, sad next time

3. big bolt

big bolt New Member

State:
    camden point misssouri
    What is a mooneye? i don't guess i've ever seen them or maybe i call them somethin different.

4. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Rusty they look kinda like a shad with large scales,a big yellow eye, and mouth full of teeth. The Bee Creek by you is full of them.

5. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    nice job bud, hopefully the river will come down and stay down soon.

6. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    OH Troy now you got me thinking about coming down there instead of going to Bagnell. Now I'm undecided again. Nice job on the fishies. :smile2:

7. Missouricathunter25

Missouricathunter25 New Member

State:
    Weston, Missouri
    Anywere in Bee Creek or more down by the Missouri? And could I catch them with my trap? Thanks

8. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    GLAD TO HEAR YOU DONE GOOD.

9. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    So mooneye and skipjack are not the same thing? hmm..Learn something new everyday..

10. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good fishing man! The bite seems to have been pretty fair this June. I hope this bodes well for the post spawn fish as well. If so we are in for a great summer of fishing!

11. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Chad, look for currant and where the water is areated, they favor those conditions, faster the better and I would look close to the Mo... as for trapping them I can't say, have always used net or small crappie jig to catch em... toss the jig till you find em, they are schooled up now so you can work em that way. :wink:

12. Missouricathunter25

Missouricathunter25 New Member

State:
    Weston, Missouri
    What kind of crappie jig and what color? add weight or no? How do you real for them. I am going to try tomorrow for them. Are they still biting good? Thanks and happy fishing