got hooks?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by shadman65, Feb 10, 2008.

1. shadman65

shadman65 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Am looking for an online source for KHALE hooks...any ideas?

Also would like some opinions on preferred fishing line type for cats as well as bass and crappie. mono , fluorocarbon, etc. I do not care for the braided lines.:cool2::confused2:

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I like the Kahle and King Kahles from 7/0 through 10/0. You can set the hook as hard as you want to or let the rod load up and they will hook themselves. I buy mine through catfish connection. They compare real well on prices and have speedy service.

The mono line I like the best is premium salt water ande. I run 30 lb. on the abu 6000 and 6500's and 40 lb. on the abu 7000 and 9000's. I use clear 50 lb. for all my leaders. It's very abrasion resistant and ties strong knots. I usually order it from bass pro.

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  4. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    As the others mentioned....CATFISH CONNECTION.

There is no better place that I am aware of that can get the type and size of catfish hooks needed for good catting around here.

Ryan

5. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
  6. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    You have found your hooks now try some Vicious Ultimate or Fluorocarbon line, Both are great.

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I recently started using Pro Line. I like it so far.

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    hooks took care of but for line i perfer trilene big game.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    There are several good brands of mono line out there. I will name them according to my preference. Berkley Big Game, Suffix, or Cajun Red. You can get these lines from the same on line source as the hooks. CC will send you a nice catalog with your first order.

10. Cat-dory

Cat-dory Guest

I use Kale hooks for channels at Roosevelt. They work very good. I use nothing but Octopus style hooks for Flatty's.
    The line I use is mono that is in the 25-50lb range. Save a bunch of money and buy the cheap stuff at WalMart....thats what I do . I hate braid too ! Braid is NOT needed , just a Cash Cow for the manufacurers.

11. gebudjr

gebudjr New Member

State:
    Arizona, Tuba City
    on what everyone else has said,.catfish connection com

12. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    For line I like to use cajun red high abration.

13. azfisher

azfisher New Member

State:
    arizona
    I have used the same 50lb spider wire stealth on my 6500 abu for 4 years with any problems thats a line worth its price. It's a lot easier to handle than 50 pound mono. I never birds nest it. Ive caught fall and spring Chinook salmon in the ocean, tidewater, and the river now in AZ catfishing for three years all on the same line. I'm a firm believer in this stuff. As far as hooks only gammies or owner octopus or I'm starting to like circles as long as I can remember not to try to rip the lips off it. Thats a hard reflex to break though.

14. micah

micah New Member

State:
    Gilbert, Arizon
    Sounds like you've got all the info you need..... BUT BRAIDED LINE is necessary in some places.