Got good fishing news!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Mar 14, 2008.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The tell-true sign for me that spring is only a short time away! Every year, it seems I get a large flock of birds in the back yard, and im not talking about these bow-zoes from here, right before the weather seems to break, and we get that big warming trend. Most of them are sparrows, black birds, and crow! Anyone have any early season predictions? There is plenty of crow that can be shot and saved for later:smile2::wink: rollo

2. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I used Crow last year with little results. Shawn has invited me over to one of his rentals that is still infested with those feral cats. We are gonna try to get a few in his new James River Gill net, and freeze them till May.

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Hey Rollo, maybe those crows are just a sign of what is to come!!!:wink: na just kidding, good luck this year....

4. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    I think you are on to something my friend .... I took the trash out and I could hear what sounded like a thousand birds in the trees at Mound Builders park and it is almost 2 blocks away ........ saw about 20 Robins in yard yesterday .... it won't be long now .... hope, hope, hope ..... Garry-

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I am sure those rentals are infested with other things too, LOL!!!
    Such as:
    rats
    mice
    snakes
    Spiders
    and many other tiny creaters that could survive a nuclear explosion, LMAO!!!

6. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Maybe you should catch some of those birds from the backyard and use them for bait!

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    We were outside buffing up another boat we are selling and there were some bee's flying around my head, come to think of it I saw a few more at work yesterday too...may be a good sign!:roll_eyes:

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    If you are lucky enough to be outside when they come over it's cool.
    First you hear them, or did you imagine it?
    There it is again. You look up in the sky and see nothing.
    Slowly they materialize out of the blue, their call unmistakable as they head for the marshes.
    The cranes are back :big_smile:...W

9. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    i can not wait for this spring yahooooooooooooo :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile: fishing here I come

10. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    I am going to be fishing every minute of my spare time I have in spring. Can't wait.

11. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey ROLLO what are you doing home so early when the wife is gone lol...sb

12. vtjefferson

vtjefferson New Member

State:
    IA
    well around here the bald eagles move out and the pelicans move in.

13. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Just don't let them birds get to your maters and eatum all up...lol :big_smile:

14. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    was out yesterday afternoon and saw 3 groundhogs out, spring has gotta be close :roll_eyes:

15. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    I just washed the car. Darn birds:smile2:

16. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    Why not invest in a farmers almanac they are 2 x as acccurate as meteorologist.

17. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Rollo, this isn't unusual, is it?They're coming! They'er coming!Its the end of the world Look at that man! He's lighting a cigar! :eek:oooh::roll_eyes::smile2:eek:l

18. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well, sounds like 2 days of more rain coming with the possiblity of 2 or 3 inches of rain:sad2: rollo

19. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Well with that good news, we may get to use our boats sooner than expected .... Just to get out of yards .... :angry:

Garry-

20. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    There may be creatures big and small, but I don't live in any of them. I could tell you stories about how some people live. In fact, I have some photos too. That said, I was born and raised lower middle class and one thing my mother always said is that you may be poor but you don't have to be dirty.

I know it is a joke and I am not upset, but just a few days ago someone thought I was putting down the poor, so I need to be careful.

I do a basic cleaning of EVERY unit I own and explain to tenants that they would probably better have that responsibility because I will not be the one living there.

Some of my poorest places are the cleanest and some of my best places are pigsties. It all depends upon the tenant. They can and will say that it's the landlords fault the health department was called, but what am I supposed to do when the toilet backs up because they flushed pizza boxes and sanitary napkins down it, plus a gameboy game or two, or when I enter a place and the walls are a hot new color of graffitti?

Have you ever seen a boxed in shelf unit made by a tenants fist through a wall?

Of course right now I am in legal proceedings with the mother and her boyfriend who had 4 kids ranging from 5 down to 18 months, where the adults were sleeping and did not hear the kids break a window out of the upstairs, throw the 3 year old girl out, or the toy box that went out after and on top of her, nor the neighbors pounding on the door AFTER they found the little girl nor for 15 minutes the Deputy pounding on the door.

Yet when they don't pay rent, and don't replace that window, and run a stovepipe out through a section of garage door they broke, I don't have much recourse other than to initiate a monthlong eviction proceeding.

Anyone want to be a landlord? :wink: